PDA

View Full Version : Pirates down for hours Saturday

disneylandia
10-20-2003, 06:27 AM
Does anybody know why Pirates was down for 4-5 hours Saturday? It was down first thing in the morning, and every time we checked it was still closed. I was afraid it would be closed all day, but it did open later in the day . . . to loooooonnngg lines.

Glad it did open though. Would've been sorely disappointed for my friend who hadn't been to Disneyland in several years. Pirates is one of the "must see" attractions!

MagicB4Money
10-20-2003, 10:38 AM
Last Wednesday, Pirates was down when the park opened. It eventually opened later in the day. (HMansion was down at the same time--gads!) On Friday, Pirates was open for about 1/2 hr and then went down for a good couple hours. A CM told me they had a "camera" problem. Things are falling apart, my friends, in very serious ways.

fairytalelover
10-20-2003, 10:41 AM
Yes, and Indiana Jones was in bad condition on Sunday also. The cars kept stalling and stopping continuously during the ride.

Rallymonkey23
10-20-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by fairytalelover
Yes, and Indiana Jones was in bad condition on Sunday also. The cars kept stalling and stopping continuously during the ride.

Indiana Jones is supposed to do that. There's thousands of programs in that ride. So everytime you ride it, you get a somewhat "different ride".

timl33
10-20-2003, 10:50 AM
I think it's all the tourists' fault. If they didn't look into the eyes of Mara, then the jeeps probably would have been okay. As it were, it was a pretty bumpy ride.

fairytalelover
10-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Indiana Jones is supposed to do that. There's thousands of programs in that ride. So everytime you ride it, you get a somewhat "different ride".

That is not what i am talking about. I know it is supposed to do that on the ride at certain parts. But not for like 5 minutes at a time, where the music stops and you are just sitting there.

Rallymonkey23
10-20-2003, 11:35 AM
That is not what i am talking about. I know it is supposed to do that on the ride at certain parts. But not for like 5 minutes at a time, where the music stops and you are just sitting there.

Oh, I see.

So when is the refurb scheduled for again? ;)

Disneyfreak
10-20-2003, 07:28 PM
When you are stalled for 5 min it means that there is a major backup in the station. The ride stalls for time to let the cars move ahead. This happens because the handicap want to get on and it takes a while to load them and the ride doesnt know what to do with the backup except to stall for time by reving the engine. This is not a breakdown by any means. I do agree though it needs a major refurb for the cars and the effects of the ride.

SoCalDisneyLover
10-20-2003, 08:04 PM
I remember someone talking about this before, but has Indiana Jones ever actually been closed for a refurb beyond a day or 2? Is it therefore The most reliable ride in the park, because hasn't everything else gone done for periods of refurb before?

If that's the case, then I would imagine they could hopefully improve it a great deal when it finally does go down. I assume there are people here with a list of things that have not worked, or are problematic. It would be nice to experience new things on that ride...i.e. things that have stopped working, but are fixable.

CoasterMatt
10-20-2003, 08:11 PM

That's funny, because my wife and I got two nearly perfect rides in on Sunday... when I say that I mean, most of the effects working, no bizarre gaps in the soundtrack, FIRE!!! and we didn't get too close to the vehicles in front of us near the end of the ride. Even the ending was correct both times (Observatory of the Future, and Fountain of Youth)