PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaurs

Pirate33
10-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Perhaps this is heresy here, but does anyone else think the "Primeval World" diorama on the train is, well, dare I say it, a bit pathetic? It seems to me that they really ought to update it, change it to something else or just do away with it. I can't imagine what first-time visitors would think of this decrepit display. The same goes, sad to say, for some of the older animals, especially the non-animated ones, on the Rivers of America.

sleepyjeff
10-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Yes, they are a bit pathetic....in keeping with what has been going on all over Disneyland (especialy TL) Disney should just turn off the lights, put up a tarp, and let all the train passengers travel thru a dark cave:crying:

DL4EVER
10-19-2003, 07:24 PM
But if they did change it, you would have DL fanatics going insane over them changing it.....But oh well...

HT

Cadaverous Pallor
10-19-2003, 07:31 PM
I think most everyone here agrees that the Grand Canyon/Primeval World has got to get an upgrade. It may not be said often, but it's still in the back of our minds.

Of course, I felt the same way about the Castle walk-through, but THAT was a highly unpopular opinion. Seriously though, that was also looking way bad.

I am never an advocate for empty show buildings, so until they come up with something better, I hope the diorama stays in place.

rexfarms
10-19-2003, 07:32 PM
It is outdated but I rather just have them leave it like it is now then try to cheaply do something that would just result in junk. Also, its clasic I think that its alright as long they dont let the AAs in there break down without fixing them.

sleepyjeff
10-19-2003, 07:34 PM
I still actually love this part of the train ride. Although I would'nt mind if they replaced a few of the light bulbs inside, and brought out the windex from time to time;)

When people started complaining about how corny and old the subs looked............:crying: I'll miss the Disneyland RR.

SoCalDisneyLover
10-19-2003, 09:49 PM
I just love the big bright red EXIT signs you pass by in the Grand Canyon. Makes it so much more realistic.

jazzjunkie
10-20-2003, 06:24 AM
I don't know why, but I find it slightly creepy. Once when the train was briefly stuck before the diorama, I was slightly panicky :(

justagrrl
10-20-2003, 06:33 AM
My 5 year old son LOVES the dinosaurs.

However, they need to fix the things that are broken. There are one or 2 of the teradactyls (sp?) that have been broken for at least the 2 years that we've been AP's. That, and find a way to sync up the narrative and the train.

crc9998
10-20-2003, 07:11 AM
Yeah as cheesy as I think it is...my kids LOVE that part of the train ride, just as much as they love all the other parts! Sooo, for my kids I think an refurbishment would be great!

smd4
10-20-2003, 09:10 AM
You might want to consider the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas to be "added bonuses." The true attraction is the TRAIN RIDE itself, not the scenerey encountered...