PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional impact on Fantasmic?

cherice95403
12-04-2014, 03:14 AM
Hi there,

We are going to be in the park this Sunday-Tuesday. Sunday is the only day of our visit that Fantasmic! will be playing so there is no way we can avoid DL even though the CP will be going on. Does anyone have experience with the Fantasmic! crowds (and the rest of the park crowd after 5pm) on a CP day? I am half hoping people will head over to DCA and it will be light.

Thanks!

megzrg
12-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Hi there,

We are going to be in the park this Sunday-Tuesday. Sunday is the only day of our visit that Fantasmic! will be playing so there is no way we can avoid DL even though the CP will be going on. Does anyone have experience with the Fantasmic! crowds (and the rest of the park crowd after 5pm) on a CP day? I am half hoping people will head over to DCA and it will be light.

Thanks!

Hey, that's our plans also! From what I have been told (because I have been asking around also) during the CP the rest of the park is pretty good. But, I would go to the 1st Fantasmic showing or get your seat fast for the second showing because the CP ends before the 2nd Fantasmic showing.

We plan on taking the Monorail into the park and staying the evening in New Orleans Square and Critter Country so that we are in good position to get a good spot after the 1st showing to watch the fireworks and then the 2nd showing of Fantasmic. We were going to skip the whole thing and just catch it the next time we go, but this will be the last time we get to see it before they implement those new sectional changes.

Hope you have a great trip!

olegc
12-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Hey, that's our plans also! From what I have been told (because I have been asking around also) during the CP the rest of the park is pretty good. But, I would go to the 1st Fantasmic showing or get your seat fast for the second showing because the CP ends before the 2nd Fantasmic showing.

We plan on taking the Monorail into the park and staying the evening in New Orleans Square and Critter Country so that we are in good position to get a good spot after the 1st showing to watch the fireworks and then the 2nd showing of Fantasmic. We were going to skip the whole thing and just catch it the next time we go, but this will be the last time we get to see it before they implement those new sectional changes.

Don't forget that Sunday has more AP holders coming to the park than Saturday. That will increase the crowd count. According to the Mouseplanet Resort Update the Saturday crowd was a 5 out of 10 prediction, even with CP. SO - I would say you could have it go up to 6 or 7 depending on lots of variables. Since the 2nd CP show ends at around 845pm or 9 there may be a push to get to the ROA by then, so staying on the critter country/HM side might be a good call.

candles71
12-04-2014, 11:10 AM
We had the exact same situation in 2012. Sunday was our only F! Chance. That was the year they tried 3 weeks of CP.
We had left the park to check into the time share and had dinner in our room. We returned to the park about 7PM. This is the normal time we go get seats for F! With a 9:30 start. As we were making our way to the gate from bag check we over heard that they had just cancelled the second CP because it was drizzling. (Oh, there were angry people stomping their way out.) Anyway, we normally grab seats to the left where the walkway splits and there is a wall behind the riverside seating area. It was filled, but we found seats fairly easily right in front of Pirates, riverside.
It drizzled more and then stopped. They did perform F! Even with the rain, the biggest thing I noticed was they people on the pirate ship didn't move around, they performed in one spot. Hook and Peter were in the rigging sword fighting, but Hook didn't swing around the back. I was quite happy the show continued.

cherice95403
12-05-2014, 04:20 AM

Thanks....have a great time as well!