PDA

View Full Version : DLR bag checks etc.

Darren
10-18-2003, 03:27 PM
Are they still checking bags at DLR and what is the policy on bringing food into the park. My 2 year old son loves his peanut butter sanwiches and we would like to bring some with us.

Also, are there still lockers outside by the picnic area and if so what is the cost?

thanks in advance for any info.

EandCDad
10-18-2003, 03:33 PM
They are still checking your bags and backpacks at the gate to both Disneyland and DCA. The official policy is no outside food in the park. In practice, CM's at the gate do not stop you from bringing in food. So pack those peanut butter sandwiches. They won't let you bring a cooler into the park, though, so put those in the locker.

There are lockers in the picnic area and just to the left of guest services (which is just to the left of the Disneyland entrance. I think a locker is about $4 (maybe $5?) but you get it for all day and can go in and out of it as much as you want.

(Great minds, CP)

Cadaverous Pallor
10-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Yes they're still checking bags. Last time we went we had plastic baggies of sandwiches and the CM didn't even blink.

I have heard tell of CMs that make you go put them in a locker, but haven't seen that happen in ages. Perhaps it's a matter of how much food you bring. A few sandwiches shouldn't set off alarm bells.

I believe outside lockers are $3, and they're good for all day. These are located next to Guest Services, to the left when you're facing the DL entrance. (There are lockers by DCA as well, by Guest Relations, to the left of the DCA entrance.) In the picnic area are larger lockers that cost $4.

Hope you get in ok with your snacks! :)

(jinx, EandC!)

stephanie01
10-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Like the others said, our bags were checked and nobody mentioned anything about food. In fact, I had an entire knapsack filled with goodies for each of our 4 days there.

Demigod121
10-19-2003, 01:29 PM
They're only checking bags for dangerous items and alcohol - other than that, food-type items should not be a concern.

-Demigod