PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic rehearsal

lindyhop
10-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Walking along Big Thunder Trail last night between 8:00 and 8:30 I noticed the Columbia docked back where they get things ready for Fantasmic and people were on it but that's not unusual. But then I heard a miked voice coming from the ship and I stopped to see what was up.

I stood and watched for about twenty minutes while they ran through the Peter Pan segment over and over. It looked like it was the supporting cast, every one but the principals (Peter, Hook). After walking through parts of the routine they did the whole thing as the director talked through the cues (very strange to see, like a surreal aerobics class) and then they did it to music. The first run through with music had to be stopped because the CD skipped. Before starting again the director instructed the people at the back of the boat to jump around a little less so the CD wouldn't skip.

I had this "show" almost all to myself. A maintenance CM stopped to watch with me for a few minutes and said he'd worked there a long time but had never seen them do this.

It was fun to watch and really made my night.:)

Cadaverous Pallor
10-18-2003, 03:20 PM
So cool! I wish I'd been there! :)

Not Afraid
10-19-2003, 09:22 AM
That's very cool! There's always something new to see, no matter how many times you go.:D