PDA

View Full Version : Drive to park or Hotel shuttle?

mom@ga
10-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Can anyone advise me on the pros and cons of Driving our rental car to the Disney parking lot vs taking the Hotel shuttle (I believe it's called ART and cost $3.00 per adult. We are staying at Hawthorne Suites on Clementine St. I was told we would be the middle stop of three hotels.)
How early do the parking lot trams start on a weekday with a posted 10:00 am opening? We want to get an early start. Thanks!

MammaSilva
10-18-2003, 01:44 PM
If parking is included in your admission media, I personally would take my car and not worry about the crowds on the shuttle..if not then you might just want to figure the 'math' how many shuttle tickets would you need to purchase vs the 8.00 (I believe that's the current parking fee) to park your car...I believe that the parking includes in/out priveleges as long as you retain your original parking ticket. Personally I'm not a big big fan of the shuttles.. they are ususally overcrowded, their schedules rarely fit 'our' schedule. Lately I've avoided the whole thing by staying right across the street on Harbor so we can just walk back and forth at will.

experiment626
10-18-2003, 03:23 PM
I would deffiently drive. We have always gotten free parking by buying our passes through AAA.

EandCDad
10-18-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by mom@ga
How early do the parking lot trams start on a weekday with a posted 10:00 am opening? We want to get an early start. Thanks!

The parking lot is open at least an hour before the park opens, it might be two hours. If the parking lot is open, the trams are running. If the cost of the trams is about equal to the daily parking charge, I would drive. Gives you more flexibility.

Demigod121
10-19-2003, 01:34 PM
...And yes, you can leave and re-enter as long as you have your parking ticket.

-Demigod

UncleGDogWord
10-19-2003, 01:47 PM
The last time my wife and I were at the park she wanted to take the tram on our first day. We sat and waited 20 mins for the tram and by the time we got to the park it was a mad dash to the gate, and then that night we had to wait 15 mins just to board it and by the time we got back to the room I could have drove to and from the park 5 times.

I enjoy the freedom of taking my car to the park. I can come amd go as we please and I do not have to stop at every other hotel.