PDA

View Full Version : It's a Small World/Splash Mt refurbishment dates?

mom@ga
10-18-2003, 01:28 PM
The official Disney site doesn't show It's a Small World on the refurbishment list for October 22, but it is listed for October 23. Can anyone confirm that it will be open on Wed Oct 22? We will at DL that day and my daughter will be thrilled if it is opened. I've already warned her that it may be down-but maybe we'll get lucky!
On the other hand Splash Mt is on the refirb list for Oct 22 but isn't on the list for Oct 23....I wonder if these dates are "written in stone"? Thanks for any input!

Andrew
10-18-2003, 01:34 PM
The latest information I know of is the "Refurbishments and Attraction Closures" section of our weekly Disneyland Resort Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr031014.htm#Rehabs).
This shows Splash closed through Oct 23, which means it should be open on the 24th. This is apparently two weeks earlier than had been originally planned, and may be due in part to accelerated work to compensate for Big Thunder and Space being closed.
The Update also shows "it's a small world" closed through November 7. I do not know when it was last open, but the holiday overlay generally takes about a month to install, which implies that it probably closed in early October.

mom@ga
10-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Bummer...guess they will both be out for our dates-Oct 22-23. Just goes to show the "official" web site isn't the final word. Oh well-thanks for the qiuck reply anyway.

experiment626
10-18-2003, 03:27 PM
There is no way to garentee that an attraction will be open while you are there. Of course there are planned closures, but even those can be delayed in either the opening or closure of them. Then of course there are the unplanned closures.

I would take what it says on disneyland.com or the weekly update here only as a best guess.

wannabe-disneygeek
10-18-2003, 10:36 PM
We were just there October 8-12 and Small World was open then...

...--Alli

Cinderella
10-19-2003, 12:20 AM
I called guest relations today. IASW will close on Oct 23 to begin the holiday overlay.
Woo-hoo you will get to go on it on the 22nd!
(I am thrilled too as I will be there too and thought we'd miss it)
Start humming the tune now ;)

mom@ga
10-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the info-Cinderella! I am humming the tune now-but I think I'll hold off on telling my daughter just in case something changes. And if it is open on the 22nd, it will be a wonderful surprise for her!

amismo
10-20-2003, 04:17 AM
My 2.5 yr old will be heartbroken if IASW isn't open! We will be there Oct 22-24, and had been expecting to go on that ride about 3-4 times a day (she loves that song!).

I hope we get Oct 22 at least :eek: