PDA

View Full Version : Table Service resturant at DCA?

mom@ga
10-18-2003, 01:20 PM
My family of 4 (kids ages 9 and 7) would like to eat at a table service restaurant inside DCA for a mid-afternoon break? What do you recommend? Thanks!

Dexter
10-18-2003, 01:54 PM
There are two table service restaraunts inside Disney's California Adventure...

Ariels Grotto and The Vineyard Room

Ariels Grotto is a character dining experience which has a set price per person for a 3 course meal. You pay roughly 19.00 dollars for adults and 13.00 for kids. You then choose a starter, a meal and a dessert from the menu. The price could be off, it's been a while since I've eaten there but that's how that works.

The Vineyard room is an italian style eatery, we ate there about a year ago and the food was not to my liking personally so I can't help you with costs.

If I may also make a suggestion, rather than start a thread for every question you have, may I suggest just opening one thread with all your questions. I'm NOT a moderator nor do I play one on TV, but it might be alot easier to manage your questions that way. It's only a suggestion. BTW, welcome to MousePad, we're happy to have you here!

stagedoorjonny
10-18-2003, 01:54 PM
I enjoy Trattoria, nice patio seating so you can people watch. Good italian pasta and sandwiches.

mom@ga
10-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the quick replys guys. I think Trattoria might be what we are looking for. A character meal would be fun-but probably not a "relaxing break" from the action.
Dexter- it's funny that you mention the multiple post. Once on another travel site I posted one long post with lots of questions and someone advised me to break them up to "keep things organized and get each question addressed". So with that in mind...I separated each topic here. But the last thing I want to do if offend people who are nice enough to respond to my questions to make my trip better.

Pat-n-Eil
10-18-2003, 03:25 PM
We tried the Wine Country Trattoria last time we were there and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good food, a nice break, a glass of wine if you like - and they had a kids menu as well (PB&J etc.). I had the lasagna and it was very good.

sleepyjeff
10-18-2003, 04:46 PM
For a truly relaxing and enjoyable meal try Story Tellers Cafe at the Grand Californian Hotel. It is just as close to some parts of DCA as Ariels'. Also the food is better and not any more expansive.

Did I mention that it is much more relaxing:)