PDA

View Full Version : Parade at DCA?

mom@ga
10-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Is there a weekday afternoon parade at DCA currently? My family will be at DCA on Thursday Oct 23. The offical Disney web site says "Sorry schedule information unavailable-check back later." Can anyone who has been to the park recently on a week day let me know if you remember an afternoon parade. I am trying to plan for lunch reservations and I don't want to miss the parade if there will be one. Thanks!

mousey_girl
10-18-2003, 03:21 PM
I think the only parade DCA has right now is the Electric Parade at night.

experiment626
10-18-2003, 03:25 PM
There is no day time parade at DCA at this time.

Cadaverous Pallor
10-18-2003, 03:27 PM
Why the heck wouldn't they have current parade info on the site? I just double checked and they don't even have parade info for this Monday! :confused:

Of course I can't find a map anywhere right now. I could have sworn I saved one with Jack/Oogie on the cover....Sorry.

Darkbeer
10-18-2003, 06:23 PM
Part of the problem is they way Disneyland.com works, if there are no events scheduled, you get the.....

"Sorry, schedule information is currently unavailable. Please check back later."

which can be translated into...

"No parade today".

But for some reason, they don't want to post that.....:rolleyes:

malin
10-19-2003, 02:36 AM
I think DCA must be the only Disney theme park in the world to not host a daily parade.Even the Studios in Paris which is half the park DCA is has a daily parade called Disney's Cinema Parade.

Oh well 2005 is only around the corner.

sleepyjeff
10-19-2003, 09:42 AM
They should have a parade of Trees.

People would come from all over the park to watch...........just for the shade;)

LFuzzy
10-20-2003, 12:07 PM
Sorry, there is no parade scheduled in DCA for Thurs Oct 23.
DEP (Disney's Electrical Parade) is currently the only parade in DCA, and it is runs Fri,Sat,Sun (Either 8 or 8:40pm depending on park closing hour), until NOV 3 - 6 and NOV 10-13. Those days the parade will be at either 6 or 8pm. In any event, DEP is a night time show, and does not run during the afternoon hours.
-LF

spectromen
10-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Actually malin it's gotten better...up until the early 90s, Disneyland only had parades in summer and Christmas seasons period! And the Very Merry Christmas Parade, at first, only ran for the 2 weeks of Christmas vacation -that's it! Granted, it was a MUCH longer and more elaborate parade, but if you weren't there those 2 weeks, forget it! Of course, there was a lot more to do back then too..

experiment626
10-23-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by malin
I think DCA must be the only Disney theme park in the world to not host a daily parade.
Epcot no longer has a parade (day or night). And up until the millienium celebration (as far as I can remember) they never had a parade.

Cadaverous Pallor
10-24-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by spectromen
And the Very Merry Christmas Parade, at first, only ran for the 2 weeks of Christmas vacation -that's it! Ah, for the days when Christmastime was delegated to, well, Christmastime.

I saw my first Christmas commercial yesterday.....on October 23rd, people!!!! :rolleyes:

BJW
10-24-2003, 11:57 AM
Am I the only one that would like to see Eureka again? I keep having the song "come away with me" running through my head. Let's hope it comes back someday.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
10-26-2003, 12:31 AM
Speaking of the Disneyland Christmas Parade - does anyone remember that commerical 10 years or so ago?

"Very merry, very merry Christmas....

very merry - very merry Christmas to you"

"Tis the season.... CHRISTMAS TIME AT DISNEYLAND!"

It kinda had a Man Him Steamroller sound to it and it was very upbeat and catchy