PDA

View Full Version : Current rope drop?

mom@ga
10-18-2003, 01:07 PM
My family will be at Disneyland and DCA for the FISRT time this Wednesday and Thursday (Oct 22 and 23). We want to get an early start at the parks each morning. Can anyone tell me if Main street is opening earlier that the posted 10:00 am opening time and whether or not there has been a offical rope drop recently? Also, can we expect to enter DCA before the posted 10:00 am opening time on Thursday? Thanks for any info!!

stagedoorjonny
10-18-2003, 01:48 PM
The last few times I have been there early there has been no rope drop. First people through they gate where at 10:00.

EandCDad
10-18-2003, 03:47 PM
There has been some information posted here that Disneyland is no longer opening an hour or a half-hour early and allowing you onto main street. However, several people have posted subsequently to say that they, indeed, were let into the park early and there was a rope drop. Read this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19792) for more details.

Either way, I would plan on getting there at least 30 minutes before the published opening time. That means you should try to get to the garage by 45 minutes before the opening as it can take some time to park, get to the tram, and take the tram to the main gate.

mom@ga
10-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Can anyone else who has been to DL in the last couple of weeks let us know what time they started letting people in.....I am definitely going to get to the gate early-and it would be nice to get through the gate early too-especially after all I've been hearing about the huge crowds.

Master K
10-20-2003, 08:34 PM
If there is someone with inside information perhaps they could let us know. But without that there is no way to know from my recent experience.

After I read here that the rope drop was gone, my wife went a couple of weeks later with the kids and there was a rope drop.

Then we went again 2 sundays ago and even thought it was a VERY busy day there was no rope drop and they kept everyone out until the official opening time.

I can't understand why they stopped the rope drop. We always got to the park early to ahve breakfast in the park. Now Disney does not get that $20-$30 from my family anymore. It just seems counter to their goal of profit and customer service.