PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Who thinks that the Matterhorn should change?

Pages : [1] 2

disturbed_rulz
10-18-2003, 08:39 AM
I prsonally think that the whole thing is dumb and should be changed! the yeti is very scary! The carts are uncomfy, and, well thats all i got.

disturbed_rulz
10-18-2003, 08:41 AM
C'mon! some people have to agree with me!

disturbed_rulz
10-18-2003, 08:43 AM
come on!!! ya gotta agree.

disturbed_rulz
10-18-2003, 08:44 AM
oops...:eek:

Rallymonkey23
10-18-2003, 08:51 AM
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. The Matterhorn is a part is Disneyland history. History in coasters for that matter. It was the first tubeular(sp? its too early for me :D) steel coaster ever invented. The only thing I would like to be changed is the que somehow. With a Swiss Miss coffee shop.

Pat-n-Eil
10-18-2003, 08:53 AM
My son (disturbed_rulz) has gotten carried away. I've talked to him about it and told him that his type of posting & prodding is not the way it works here at the MousePad.

He's 12 years old and used to different types of forums that work more like live chat.

I apologize for this behavior and have taken steps to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

experiment626
10-18-2003, 03:32 PM
disturbed_rulz - agree with the bobsleds being unconfrontable. I would love to see now sleds with some nice shocks to make for a smooth ride through the mountain. Other then that I love the Materhorn and wouldn't want it to change.

DisneyFan25863
10-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Pat&Eil
He's 12 years old and used to different types of forums that work more like live chat.

Banned for joining too early

:fez:

sleepyjeff
10-18-2003, 04:35 PM
There is one change I would like to see.

They should drill two tunnels into and thru the center of the Mountain. Passing thru these tunnels should be some sort of aerial people convayence............any one have any ideas for this:rolleyes:

kawfeadikt
10-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Yes, perhaps the Imagineers could also design "themed" end points for this aerial conveyance. Should it be called the Skymover? Aerial Peopleway? Dang, it's just on the tip of my tongue. . .

kawfeadikt
10-18-2003, 08:49 PM
My son (disturbed_rulz) has gotten carried away. I've talked to him about it and told him that his type of posting & prodding is not the way it works here at the MousePad.

I apologize for this behavior and have taken steps to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

No harm done whatsoever.

malin
10-19-2003, 02:31 AM
disturbed_rulz does bring up a few interesting points.The cars are very uncomfy,and maybe a new Yeti should replace the old fake one.Maybe a copy of the Yeti creature being designed by WDI for WDW brand new E ticket attraction.

Disneyland is not a museum,so while I wouldn't like to see the Matterhorn go as its unique to Anaheim,I think certain things could be changed and improved.

Pat-n-Eil
10-19-2003, 03:09 PM
Yes.. while I didn't approve of my son's tactics starting this thread, I didn't say that his point of view was wrong! :) :)

I like the Matterhorn. The look of it, the feeling of it, the idea of a bobsled race, the Yeti.. but the comfort level has to improve before I could make it one of my favorites. I don't ride this every time I'm at Disneyland (once a year) because of the uncomfortable seating arrangement and the herky-jerkyness of the ride.

I understand that the suspension system can not be replaced - i.e. the types of wheels used and the ride system has to stay the same.. however, I think that the design of the cars interior space could be improved. I've said this before, but I think a separator (not unlike the current Splash Mountain type) could be used to allow people more personal space - but more importantly, more cushioning front & back. Also an improvement of leg placement and perhaps eliminating the seatbelt and replacing it with some type of lap bar arrangement. Better hand holds as well. I don't think a shoulder harness is necessary, but could be the most comfortable way.. I'm not sure.

I just know that the Matterhorn could be named something more approprate to its nature... like.. The whatstheMATTERwithyour backHORN.

sleepyjeff
10-19-2003, 07:13 PM
They could pad the seats with super dense memory foam like they use in high performance jet aircraft.

I beleive this foam is called CONFOR..........it is very expensive, but are not the aging riders of Der Matterhorn worth it:)

Cadaverous Pallor
10-19-2003, 07:27 PM
I've said this before, but I think a separator (not unlike the current Splash Mountain type) could be used to allow people more personal space - but more importantly, more cushioning front & back. NOOOO!!! SM is a wonderful "snuggle ride". I love being able to sit with my husband on this. It's rather romantic....until our knees get smashed in, that is. ;)

I agree - not the most comfortable ride in the world. But that's part of its charm, and I would never advocate a change there. Besides, I like it rough...:p

sleepyjeff
10-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
NOOOO!!! SM is a wonderful "snuggle ride". I love being able to sit with my husband on this. It's rather romantic....until our knees get smashed in, that is. ;)

I agree - not the most comfortable ride in the world. But that's part of its charm, and I would never advocate a change there. [/SIZE]

um.........I got bad news for you.....they already changed Splash Mt.

:crying: sorry

Cadaverous Pallor
10-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by sleepyjeff
um.........I got bad news for you.....they already changed Splash Mt.

:crying: sorry Um, you totally misunderstood. I meant SPACE Mountain. I hope they don't change that to mimic what they did to Splash.

That's what I get for using "SM" in a thread mentioning both rides. :rolleyes:

sleepyjeff
10-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Oh, sorry. You were responding to Pat & Eli who were talking about the Matterhorn with a Splash Mt. example.

I ll catch up...just give me a minute;)

swtkissez
10-19-2003, 08:03 PM
Um, you totally misunderstood. I meant SPACE Mountain. I hope they don't change that to mimic what they did to Splash.

i must have missed it, when did we start talking about space mountain????

sleepyjeff
10-19-2003, 08:05 PM
don't ask me......I missed that segue:D

Freerider127
10-19-2003, 08:30 PM
I have to disagree with you I dont think the Madderhorn should be changed like alot of people said that it is a peice of Disneyland history and should not be changed. I actually like the roughness that alot of people are describing I feel that it gives the ride a more thrilling experience and a different experience then your normal smooth ride.

HBTiggerFan
10-19-2003, 09:16 PM
Um, you totally misunderstood. I meant SPACE Mountain. I hope they don't change that to mimic what they did to Splash.

Ummm CP, don't you mean the Matterhorn? SM (Space) isn't a very good "snuggle" ride unless you and GD devised some way of sitting that the rest of us would like to know about ;)

As for those who don't like the seating, if you ask at the load station (before they divide you) you can get your own seat. All you have to do is ask nicely.

sleepyjeff
10-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Depends on which Space Mt. your talking about.

The one in Florida sits just like the Matterhorn.

Of Course there Splash Mt. sits just like our Space Mt.

:confused:

sleepyjeff
10-19-2003, 10:45 PM

Wait a second....................how could they possibly change Space Mt. to be like Splash Mt.

Space Mt(at least the one in Anaheim) sits side by side with restraints that make the most limber of lovers remain plutonic for at least 2 min.

Splash Mt sits in a row..........and even though there are seperators now, you can still have minor contact with your loved one.

Could it possibly be that you are confusing Space Mt. with Matterhorn Mt.(the original subject of this thread) Or are you confusing Space Mt. Anaheim with Space Mt. Orlando?

confused:confused:

Morrigoon
10-19-2003, 11:31 PM
disturbed:

Next time, get your own seat on the matterhorn. After you've started going up, (eg: are out of CM view, mmmkay?) sit cross-legged (which back in the day was called "Indian-style"). Very fun stuff. Make sure your belt is tight though, it'll be the only thing holding you in place!

Pat&Eil: I think it's great that you supervise your tweenager's activity on the internet. Kudos to ya for being a responsible parent. It's much better to have someone around to teach netiquette than to learn through trial and error.