PDA

View Full Version : Raver Day at Disneyland 10/25

Pages : [1] 2 3

cemeinke
10-17-2003, 08:24 PM
Apparently next Saturday is Raver Day at Disneyland - Anybody going?

More importantly, what color(s) should you wear to show support?

Not Afraid
10-17-2003, 08:28 PM
GD? CP? Any advice? (Not that I'll be there)

Andrew
10-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
More importantly, what color(s) should you wear to show support?

All of them?

HBTiggerFan
10-17-2003, 08:46 PM
I think you're supposed to wear beaded bracelets and pacifiers to show support. That and jeans that are 40 sizes to big with form fitting tops.

Not that I'll be there either.

HBTiggerFan
10-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
All of them?

Wouldn't that be a rainbow?

JeffG
10-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
Apparently next Saturday is Raver Day at Disneyland -

Make sure you all watch out for bouts of hypothermia...

-Jeff

innerSpaceman
10-17-2003, 10:14 PM
Drat, I can't be at the park that Saturday.

That is, unless they will be dispensing certain Raver, um .... mood alterants associated with the genre.

SzczerbiakManiac
10-17-2003, 10:57 PM
HB Tigger Fan wrote:
Wouldn't that be a rainbow?I think that would be white.... :geek: ;)

Doodle Duck
10-18-2003, 09:32 AM
Nov. 18th: "Insane Homocidal Maniac From The Home" Day at Disneyland. Jackets optional.

Dec. 12th: "People Who Were Hanged For Doing Bad Stuff" Day at Disneyland. No neckties!

Jan. 2nd: "Men Who Wear Diapers And Play With Rattles And The Women Who Love Them" Day at California Adventure. (Sponsored by Lifetime)

"Small Children Who Say 'Bite Me' Day" at Disneyland.
Note: This event will last just long enough to round them all up and truck them to Magic Mountain where the 'Day' will continue as....

MammaSilva
10-18-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Doodle Duck

"Small Children Who Say 'Bite Me' Day" at Disneyland.
Note: This event will last just long enough to round them all up and truck them to Magic Mountain where the 'Day' will continue as....

Doing the dance of the Happy Feet by those of us with children who know how to behave in public Day!

merlinjones
10-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Mad Hatter hats for all, ya know!

:fez:

Cadaverous Pallor
10-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
GD? CP? Any advice?
Big pants. Glitter. Plastic beads. Blacklight sensitive (neon) colors.

But most of all, a Raver Day at Disneyland calls for - a fuzzy Disney stuffed-animal backpack. :) Merlinjones is right - Mad Hatter hats will also be pretty common.

We might go for a few hours early on just to people-watch but we'll be busy that evening. And the only thing I"ll wear is maybe my blacklight sensitive (unlicensed and from out of the U.S.) Pinocchio shirt and some glitter. If I wore my full outfit I'd look like an aging poser. :eek:

Must ask my friends and see if anyone is going...

magic in the making
10-18-2003, 03:53 PM
hi mouse a renos :) hate to break it to you i know your not ravers or anything but i saw this post and i wanan say that there is no raverday that day its just a day ......the offical raverday is on dec 20th not like u guys care but just laying down the facts :) but yes thats all lol

http://magicinthemaking.20megsfree.com/new%20magic3.swf

Cadaverous Pallor
10-18-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by magic in the making
hi mouse a renos :) hate to break it to you i know your not ravers or anything but i saw this post and i wanan say that there is no raverday that day its just a day ......the offical raverday is on dec 20th not like u guys care but just laying down the facts :) but yes thats all lol http://www.eventnation.com/event/14256

As usual, there is no such thing as an "official" raverday, it's just a bunch of people that want to show up.

As your day is actually mentioned at ravelinks.com, I'm sure much more people will be there on Dec 20th than this weekend. But still.

Klutch
10-19-2003, 01:27 PM
I hope DLR management is aware of "Raver Day" so they can set up a Trip Tent.

Cadaverous Pallor
10-19-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Klutch
I hope DLR management is aware of "Raver Day" so they can set up a Trip Tent. Heh...I'm sure they'll at least stock their stores with more water bottles....Mickey gloves....fuzzy backpacks.....light chasers.....those glow neclaces and glow mickey ears....

Too bad Space Mountain is closed....at least there's always Alice. ;)

Rallymonkey23
10-19-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Heh...I'm sure they'll at least stock their stores with more water bottles....Mickey gloves....fuzzy backpacks.....light chasers.....those glow neclaces and glow mickey ears....

Perhaps orange juice will be a favorite, too. ;)

Cadaverous Pallor
10-20-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Perhaps orange juice will be a favorite, too. ;) Perhaps ye knows too much....:eek: ;)

fairytalelover
10-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong, because I don't know that much about Ravers, but aren't ravers people who like to take ecstacy and dance at clubs to techno music? :confused:

Disneyphile
10-20-2003, 01:39 PM
Ravers at DL? Now we know why they make those leprechaun antenna balls!;)

Not Afraid
10-20-2003, 01:45 PM
I think dancing at Techo Clubs might be a requirement. Drugs can help the experience(isn't that the point of drugs anyway), but are not manditory.

I love Techno music, but I just can't deal with the colors. Black, black, black and more black, I say. :cool:

fairytalelover
10-20-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
I think dancing at Techo Clubs might be a requirement. Drugs can help the experience(isn't that the point of drugs anyway), but are not manditory.

I love Techno music, but I just can't deal with the colors. Black, black, black and more black, I say. :cool:
So, then, Ravers are people who like to dance at techno clubs mostly on ecstacy?

Not Afraid
10-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by fairytalelover
So, then, Ravers are people who like to dance at techno clubs mostly on ecstacy?

No. Just "Ravers are people who like to dance at techno clubs "....the "mostly on ecstacy" part is probably overgeneralization, although Ecstacy is probably the drug of choice for the culture just as LSD was the drug of choice for Hippies, or speed the DOC for Punks. I doubt that all Ravers take ecstacy,just as not all Punks took speed.

Just because you like the music and lifestyle, doesn't mean you subscribe to the drug.

CoasterMatt
10-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Mostly...

fairytalelover
10-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by CoasterMatt
Mostly...

Great, so we will have a bunch of people on drugs at DL? Sounds like fun.:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see them on the teacups!:D