PDA

View Full Version : New Look

Lost Boy
10-17-2003, 07:51 PM
We have been complaining for so long about the miserable paint condition at both Disneyland and DCA. Go to www.disneyforever.com as it is working now and there is a brand new photo update. Included are the new marque at the Main Street Theater, new painting is heavily going on at Main Street, New Orleans Sq., Toontown and other place. There are pictures of the Mooses from Brother Bear that have appeared at World of Disney. There is new work going on at DCA and Redwood Creek for Brother Bear. And there is a giant Madame Leota at the MCA Theater for the Haunted Mansion Movie. More pictures of the White Paint on Space Mountain and new stuff on TOT.

All in all I would say they are finally doing something good at the Resort. It's all working together to make the place look really nice. I think this bodes well for things to come.:D

HBTiggerFan
10-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Thank you Lost Boy! All the painting helps bring back the magic!

TheatreTech
10-17-2003, 10:31 PM
The new Main Street Cinema sign looks great. Just saw it today. The Madame Leota blow-up ball/head thing is kinda cool.....and creepy.....at the same time.:eek: It doesn't look too much like the actual one in the attraction though....but i guess balloons only get so realistic:rolleyes: Speaking of balloons, there is a huge moose (from Brother Bear) over one of the windows outside of World of Disney. (It scared me at first. :| )

Gemini Cricket
10-18-2003, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the link, LB. :)

I am truly impressed with all the painting that is going on at Disneyland. Long overdue, methinks.

dsnylndmom
10-18-2003, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the link Lost Boy, the pictures look great, I'm sooooooo happy to see all the work they're doing. Oh and you know you're raising a Disney Geek when........you show your 9 year old the pictures of a white space mountain and he yells out BOOM BABY!!! YEAH! LOL that's my boy!:D

tod
10-18-2003, 09:46 AM
Let me be (apparently) the first to register my displeasure with the "new improved" Main Street Cinema marquee. It's out of scale, too big for the surrounding area, and has the usual new-Disney overuse of gold.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that somebody is making an effort to rehab/salvage Disnayland: I just wish they wouldn't use leftover designs from The Florida Empire to do it. There was nothing wrong with the design of the old Main Street Cinema Marquee.

--T
:fez:

RStar
10-19-2003, 10:13 PM
It's that forced perspective thing they are doing. It forces you to notice it. Right before you're run over by a trolly gazing at the monstrosity!:D

Morrigoon
10-19-2003, 11:37 PM
It was really noticeable today how much painting has been going on. I heartily approve! Toontown is not finished, but it looks worlds better than it has in a long time.

I'm sorry guys, it's too new to credit this to the new guy. This work has Cynthia's hand all over it. Say what you will, but she DID make some improvements during her tenure.

I have mixed feelings on the new marquee. I suspect it'll grow on me just fine though.

Lashbear
10-19-2003, 11:44 PM
I want an inflatable leota for my backyard !! :D

PS: Bet Jennifer Tilley's not impressed with the resemblance :p