PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread at the Hotels

PhiSigDuchessCV
11-19-2014, 02:45 PM
I noticed on the Disney Park Blogs and Events it mentioned a pin release to coincide with the Gingerbread houses at the hotels. Someone commented on one that they had heard there will be a life size gingerbread at the Grand Californian the way there is in GF. Has anyone heard or seen anything about it. Also, they mentioned the Gingerbread Castle was up at the DL Hotel, do you know where it is located in the Hotel

Malcon10t
11-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Also, they mentioned the Gingerbread Castle was up at the DL Hotel, do you know where it is located in the HotelIf like last year, it will be right at the entry way.

cstephens
11-21-2014, 09:03 AM
The Disneyland Twitter feed just tweeted out this link about the gingerbread house at the Grand Californian. (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/11/first-look-at-the-new-gingerbread-house-at-disneys-grand-californian-hotel-spa-at-disneyland-resort/)

Sansarc
11-22-2014, 10:31 PM
I just saw the one at the Grand CA today -- it was still being decorated as of this afternoon. It isn't life sized. But it was big, though. It was fun watching the chefs work on it.

cstephens
11-24-2014, 06:30 AM
Here's a picture of the gingerbread house in the Grand Californian. (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/536733647999475712) It smelled so good. There are a bunch of hidden Mickeys on it as well.

foolishmortal
11-24-2014, 11:02 AM
how long do they stay u for? I'm hoping I get to still see one at wdw on jan 5th.

Drince88
11-25-2014, 07:37 AM
how long do they stay u for? I'm hoping I get to still see one at wdw on jan 5th.

I think "Christmas" at WDW goes through Jan 4th - except Candlelight and the Storytellers in Epcot - so you may see some of them, FM.

MadasaHatter
11-25-2014, 08:43 AM
The 12th Day of Christmas is January 6th. I think that is the end of the Christmas season at Disneyland too , correct?

olegc
11-25-2014, 09:28 AM
The 12th Day of Christmas is January 6th. I think that is the end of the Christmas season at Disneyland too , correct?

according to the website disneylamd.com/holidays "From November 13, 2014 through January 6, 2015, the entire Disneyland Resort transforms into a magnificent winter wonderland." so you re correct

Drince88
11-25-2014, 01:15 PM

according to the website disneylamd.com/holidays "From November 13, 2014 through January 6, 2015, the entire Disneyland Resort transforms into a magnificent winter wonderland." so you re correct
Yes - for Disneyland - because they actually observe the 12th day of Christmas (in large part, I believe, to the influence from South of the border - though in my family - with no ties whatsoever South of the border, we don't take our decor down until the 6th, either.)
And although this is a DL forum, the question was asked (and answered) about WDW:

I think "Christmas" at WDW goes through Jan 4th - except Candlelight and the Storytellers in Epcot - so you may see some of them, FM.

Considering that the Osborne Lights end on January 4th, the Epcot events end December 30th, and the last Castle Holiday Wish show I could find was January 3rd - I feel pretty confident in saying that officially, the holidays at WDW don't extend until the 6th, as they should. (And the "Marathon Expo" starts on the 7th, and races start on the 8th, too)