PDA

View Full Version : Who Misses Captain EO?

Pages : [1] 2

ZipadeedooDave
10-17-2003, 01:53 PM
I used to not really appreciate it when it first came out...I mean, I liked the songs etc, but I really miss this attraction at Disneyland. So many big names were linked to it....

Anyone else miss this?:crying:

SoCalSnowWhite
10-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Very Much!!!!:crying:

Wouldn't it be great for them to release it on DVD? 3-D DVD?:D

merlinjones
10-17-2003, 02:00 PM
(...crickets chirp...)

ZipadeedooDave
10-17-2003, 02:01 PM
"Weee are here to change the woooooooooooorrrld"

It really was good. I've seen "Honey I Shrunk The Audience" twice, and that is enough for me.

With EO, you constantly found something new, you know? Like Wesley Snipes was in it, as I recently heard. And then Angelica Houston.....incredible, you know?

I heard a Deniece Williams rendition of We Are Here To Change The World, and it was alright, but the song without he visual show just lacks, you know? Nothing against Deniece Williams, of course....:D

Demigod121
10-17-2003, 02:02 PM
(sprays RAID on the crickets...)

Like I said in a previous post, I DID have the video on my PC.

So it's GOT to be out there somewhere.

The audio portion is available here: http://www.disneylandsource.com/tom/eo.html

-Demigod

Tref
10-17-2003, 02:06 PM
I always enjoyed Captain EO, especially the music. The story had a positive feel to it, Angelica Houston was perfect and I always left the theater happy.

I can't say the same thing about its replacement, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, which is flat and uninteresting. I think Michael Jackson and Disney are a good pairing and I wouldn't be adverse to them working on a second film.

I say, bring it back!

Andrew
10-17-2003, 02:08 PM
I do. Used to be part of my regular Disneyland itinerary. I have the video file somewhere or other, too.

The IMDb entry (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090793/) includes some interesting stuff.

Gemini Cricket
10-17-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Demigod121
(sprays RAID on the crickets...)

Hey, hey! Some of those crickets were my relatives. :D Oh well.

I miss the soundtrack most. The 3d effect was okay, but I miss the first song he sings. 'We Are Here To Change the World' or something like that. That song was pretty cool. The best bass in a song ever. The intro rocked.

But other than that, I don't miss EO. Now if they'd only release the soundtrack on CD...

:)

tikiboy
10-17-2003, 02:09 PM
I agree with tref, Honey I shrunk the Audience is a drag after you've seen it once.

Captain EO was good to watch maybe every few months.

Maybe even bring back Magic Journeys for a little bit!!!

P.S. Peoplemover too!!

Edit: P.P.S And paint Space Mountain white, put the AstroJets back where they belong(and like the Saturn V), Subs back, and Carousel of Progress. Boy, I'm livin' in the past.....

ZipadeedooDave
10-17-2003, 02:33 PM
Sometimes in order to move productively forward, we need to see where we've been....and where Tomorrowland was -- and where it is now would sadden Walt Disney. It's a ghost town....nothing is going on......and to say that "this is the world of Tomorrow" is a sad testimony, don't you think?

My point being, all of your 'living in the past' that you say you were doing, is actually where Tomorrowland needs to return too....put the rockets back up top and give us an updated People Mover....

I agree with you.:)

Demigod121
10-17-2003, 02:39 PM
Maybe we should change it back the way it used to be and call it Yesterdayland? LOL....

-Demigod
(who is here to change the woooorld - hee hee)
(moondances across the carpeting...ZZZZZZT!!! DARN STATIC!)

PapiBear
10-17-2003, 03:18 PM
It may have been kitschy and a weird blend of H.R. Giger and Jim Henson and George Lucas, and everyone always giggled every time Michael opened his mouth, but it did feature Anjelica Huston, the late Dick Shawn in one of his final screen appearances, direction by Francis Ford Coppola, music by James Horner as well as Jackson, and some rather nifty 3-D and in-theater mechanical effects.

I'd go see it again (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0090793/) in a second if I could.

I'd also be very willing to get it if it ever came to DVD with the TV specials The Making of Captain Eo (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0328096/) and Captain Eo Grand Opening (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0238113/) accompanying it on the disc. After all, it IS only a 17 minute film.

zapppop
10-17-2003, 03:31 PM
I have a 96MB mpeg of the movie and a promo VCD.
The 3D effects and the narroration at the beginning are missing
but everything else seems to be intact.

HOOTER !! :~D

cstephens
10-17-2003, 03:39 PM
I liked Captain Eo a lot. I used to go on a regular basis. I remember going with a fairly large group of a.d.d.ers on its last day. We took up most of the last row of the theatre. What a blast.

I miss Captain Eo mostly because now, I never go into that theatre.

stevemo
10-17-2003, 03:40 PM
I don't miss it. I was kind of creeped out by it. However, I do think that Michael Jackson would make a great addition to The Haunted Mansion. He could run around looking like a living skeleton.

ZipadeedooDave
10-17-2003, 03:49 PM
That's wild man! What a riot!
Thanks for the laugh!

averagecuppajoe
10-17-2003, 03:53 PM
...now that's a suggestion I support!

ZipadeedooDave
10-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Everyone remember....when Captain EO was done, Michael Jackson looked much more human........not like he does today. In fact, he even had darker pigment. Wow, can you imagine!

I guess he took that song title "We Are Here To Change Your World" quite literally.....because he did change - at least the look.

Not Afraid
10-17-2003, 04:37 PM
Miss it? I have a file of the entire thing I can play whenever I want. Do I? Rarely. So, I don't miss it too much.

DopeyWife
10-17-2003, 09:08 PM
I was actually just thinking about how I missed Captain Eo. I liked it better than Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

French_Mouse
10-18-2003, 02:06 AM
On my first vision of HISTA i was already disapointed: no magic and all the fun is in the in-theater effects, so it's just borring after all.

Captain Eo was MAGIC. When it was running at DLP i would see on every visits (3/4 times a year). The music/danse/costume/sets make it a joy to watch every time. I watch HISTA 3/4 times since its debut (1999) and i go to DLP every months. I also watch it once in WDW just to enjoy air condition...

I would love if they could bring it back even for a limited engagement. At least they could release the soundtrack and a DVD.

sleepyjeff
10-18-2003, 04:41 PM
The change from Captain Eo to HISTA just shows what the folks at Disney really think of there Guests..................Rather than wow us they'd rather just squirt us with dog snot........nuff said:cool:

DisneyFan25863
10-18-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by tikiboy
Edit: P.P.S And paint Space Mountain white,

Space Mountian IS white :fez:

ZipadeedooDave
10-20-2003, 08:03 AM
I was at Disneyland on Saturday, October 18. Was anyone else there??? Anyway, a lot of people have been saying to "paint Space Mountain White again." I don't know if it's like a base coat, but the top portion of Space Mountain is indeed WHITE AGAIN! It was refreshing.....it looked good and I hope they are going to repaint the entire thing white again. My opinion, Tomorrowland looked better white! It was truly "Jetson-like" "futuristic" if you ask me.

Not Afraid
10-20-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by ZipadeedooDave
I was at Disneyland on Saturday, October 18. Was anyone else there??? Anyway, a lot of people have been saying to "paint Space Mountain White again." I don't know if it's like a base coat, but the top portion of Space Mountain is indeed WHITE AGAIN! It was refreshing.....it looked good and I hope they are going to repaint the entire thing white again. My opinion, Tomorrowland looked better white! It was truly "Jetson-like" "futuristic" if you ask me.

Try this thread. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21263)