PDA

View Full Version : Been staying at the DL hotel...

hsierra
09-12-2001, 07:24 AM
I have been staying at the DL Hotel for the last couple of days. Yesterday really sucked with the park and down town disney closed. I was hoping they would change their minds and open later in the day. Disney did put out a flyer at 4pm yesterday, telling all hotel guest that the espn zone will open with free games and that amc will have free movies. That was nice because it gave us something to do. I have to applaude Disney and their castmemebers, everyone was really nice yesterday and they did do what they could to help out hotel guest. There was a lot of sad kids around the hotel yesterday, and it just broke my heart to see them crying, because they dont really understand what happened. Well, I'm off to disneyland, 'cause it's open today. (yeah!).

tjrj
09-12-2001, 07:27 AM
hsierra,

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering what guest relations would be doing for resort hotel guests.

kmann728
09-14-2001, 10:43 AM
We were staying at the Grand Californian and were supposed to fly home on Tuesday. We were notified at 9:45 am that due to the events of the morning that there would be no shuttle buses to the airport and that we could stay in our hotel room and additional night at $89 a night!!!!!!!! Well we live anout 7 hrs away and I just wanted to get home so we didn't take them up on their offer and we drove our rental car home. I am still kicking myself though because $89 a night for the Grand Californian is a once in a lifetime opportunity!!