PDA

View Full Version : Final Mad T Party is Nov 30th

Pages : [1] 2

olegc
11-17-2014, 09:59 AM
as posted on the Disney Park's Blog... (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/11/mad-t-party-steps-out-of-disney-california-adventure-park-and-back-through-the-looking-glass-november-30/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+B log%29)

so - I wonder. If the other Frozen items are not set to open until Dec 20th (rumored) - then is there nothing going on in the Hollywood Backlot for 3 weeks?

AnotherJenny
11-17-2014, 02:26 PM
as posted on the Disney Park's Blog... (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/11/mad-t-party-steps-out-of-disney-california-adventure-park-and-back-through-the-looking-glass-november-30/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+B log%29)

so - I wonder. If the other Frozen items are not set to open until Dec 20th (rumored) - then is there nothing going on in the Hollywood Backlot for 3 weeks?

I'm envisioning a whole lotta corporate Christmas parties.

currence
11-17-2014, 03:09 PM
I just assumed that they would need 3 weeks to take down Mad T stuff and put up the new stuff. But AnotherJenny may also be right. Do people still do over-the-top corporate Christmas parties anymore?

MadasaHatter
11-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Yes they do currency. I thought that format was very successful....TRON first and then MAD T Party...I don't really see FROZEN as a Let It Go-Go Girls sorta thing. Maybe they are retiring that. I enjoyed the band and costumes. Glad I got to see it once. I can't go dancing AND do Disneyland in the same day....

candles71
11-17-2014, 10:17 PM
I don't see Frozen as a theme for it either. I've been letting my mind wander with possibilities though nothing is jumping to mind.

olegc
11-18-2014, 05:47 AM
I don't see Frozen as a theme for it either. I've been letting my mind wander with possibilities though nothing is jumping to mind.

I would not doubt anything anymore re: frozen

AnotherJenny
11-18-2014, 06:08 AM
I hope that particular rumor is wrong. If I hear that F-word one more time my brain is going to pop and I'll be walking around in a state completely free of sensory input to avoid any more exposure. Enough already.

oregontraveler
11-18-2014, 06:22 AM
I hope I'm not doing anything wrong with this post. But for those who are interested, I have heard back from Drew, one of the Mad Hatters. His last shows for Mad T Party are the 23rd, 24th & 29th. Drew also sings tenor for the Dapper Dans and is usually one of the soloists during the Candlelight Precessional. I kinda liked the Mat T party, except for the DJ music in between the live stuff. I'm guessing there will be the Frozen overlay and then probably a brand new show later in spring in time for the 60th Anniversary celebration.

olegc
11-18-2014, 06:49 AM
I hope that particular rumor is wrong. If I hear that F-word one more time my brain is going to pop and I'll be walking around in a state completely free of sensory input to avoid any more exposure. Enough already.

Interesting here in that no one (at least the usual suspects) has stated WHAT will be placed there yet - if anything. To me - if everything around you is F-word (sorry, funny) then it kind of makes no sense to but a different themed entertainment there. However, I also wonder whether they know they may have monster crowds for the stage show, etc. - so they intend on using the backlot as a queue farm. Who knows - but 3 weeks in December with nothing happening back there makes for a dull area. Lets hope they provide something.

bumblebeeonarose
11-20-2014, 08:42 AM
Probably no dance parties while the Frozen stuff is up. Maybe they'll have something new in time for summer. I don't care for the dance parties, but it's fun to take a look at them, and they certainly seem popular. I know my niece enjoyed the Mad T Party.

BlkPearlCptn
11-20-2014, 11:22 AM
LOVED LOVED LOVED ElecTRONica and really enjoyed The Mad T Party. Not looking forward to more Frozen though. So will pass if that happens. (I mean they are milking that cash cow for all it's worth...). Also wondering what they will put in for Summer.

MadasaHatter
11-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Um. I didn't care for the film FROZEN personally but it is the highest grossing film ever for Disney ( I read that somewhere) so I think it is here to stay. Get used to it or go MAD! Oops ....I already have.

spectromen
11-21-2014, 07:13 AM
So glad to hear this news. Even as a major Alice fan (of the animated film) I've had enough of this mess. It was fun for a few times but it later became a place to avoid. ElecTRONica was far better, and yes, I even enjoyed GlowFest the most due to the awesome Bollywood dancers.
Heaven forbid they do a Frozen overlay next :eyeroll:

MadasaHatter
11-21-2014, 09:54 AM
I enjoyed the Mad T Party way more than the Tim Burton film. I felt the costumes and sets were much more fun as a show rather than a messy film. I am just curious if they are going to change it up again to another dance party. I spent enough time in dance clubs as a 20 something and I enjoyed hearing the Mad Hatter and Alice sing but at the end of ta long Disney day I was too pooped to dance BUT it was very popular at least when I went so I am just wondering if they are going to have a new dance party. Maybe this summer? Who can say?

GrumpyGoofyGuy
11-21-2014, 10:30 AM
Frozen is very popular with the majority of the Disney population. All you Frozen haters need to "Let It Go".:p

MadasaHatter
11-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Frozen is very popular with the majority of the Disney population. All you Frozen haters need to "Let It Go".:p

And this comment from GrumpyGoofyGuy of all people. Made me chuckle. He is correct. Out of all the FILM properties I cannot think that their FIRST priority would be to build a FROZEN attraction SOMEWHERE in the park.....Disneyworld is putting one in Norway in Epcot so I would think DLR would follow suit soon enough. Maybe the fervor will go down with the release of the new Pixar movie but I highly doubt that. I would think the STAR WARS franchise would be bigger too and maybe DLR will skip a FROZEN attraction for this instead. Again; not my preference AT ALL but the presence of SNOW WHITE is pervasive (SCARY ADVENTURE, STORYBOOK CANAL, WISHING WELL, NEW CARTHAY THEATRE, MINE TRAIN in DW) and no one complains about that. I can comfortably walk through both parks and not be bombarded/easily avoid Inga and Fluga with no problems. I think those ladies are here to stay. I like THE INCREDIBLES and TANGLED and HERCULES and EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE and OLIVER AND CO. waaaaaay better but I am not holding my breath for those attractions any day at all. I an MAD but I ain't dum

Now what should the new Dance Party be.....THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE sounds like the best fit to me......."Theme Music Guy".......

curtsinore
11-21-2014, 12:42 PM
What if it is being dismantled to discourage the event for the 6th and 7th??

Shortpix77
11-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Now what should the new Dance Party be.....THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE sounds like the best fit to me......."Theme Music Guy".......

I wholeheartedly second this :-) But as Disney seems content to pretend they never even made that movie, I'm doubting we'll ever get our wish. Long Lost Friends Week with Kuzco, anyone?? I wish :-)

cstephens
11-21-2014, 01:16 PM
I liked GlowFest, I really liked ElecTRONica, and I love Mad T Party. I'll be sad to see it go. I'm glad for the notice so that I can go maybe once or twice before it ends. I don't usually like cover bands, but theirs is really good.

TTFN92
11-21-2014, 04:02 PM
I love Frozen. I can't stand the Mad T Party. Glad it's going away.

cheshirecatgirl
11-21-2014, 08:20 PM
I really enjoyed Mad T Party. I will miss it, and I'm sad I won't be able to go see it one last time. I thought the Alice band was really good, and lots of fun.

carolinakid
11-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Not a fan. My dance music is '70s and '80s (loved 8Traxx at PI). And my Alice is the '51 version.

MadasaHatter
11-23-2014, 12:10 AM
I think the popularity of the DANCE PARTIES is that they are Different. Doesn't matter if you do or don't like a particular one....the key to a successful night club is that it is always on the pulse of what is hot and what is not....they all only have X amount of shelf time....I was curious to know if these are popular???? The night I went it was packed but it was the Hallowe'en set and maybe that brought crowds???? Does anyone know if they are popular???

BlkPearlCptn
11-23-2014, 05:43 AM
I know that every time I went they were absolutely packed

Malcon10t
11-23-2014, 09:41 AM
I have heard back from Drew, one of the Mad Hatters. His last shows for Mad T Party are the 23rd, 24th & 29th. Drew also sings tenor for the Dapper Dans and is usually one of the soloists during the Candlelight Precessional.Wow, if I had heard Drew was over there, I would have mad time to see it a couple times.