PDA

View Full Version : What I overheard in line

Nephythys
10-17-2003, 11:09 AM
I was in line to get into DL this July and there was a lady talking to several other people in line. She claimed that her husband was somehow involved with DL management and that he had said that Tomorrowland was going to get a makeover. She said that people at DL, management, not guests, were angry at what had happened to TL.

She said that they were in serious talks to makeover TL, by putting back in the Subs, the refurbishment of Space Mtn (which I now believe involves the white paint) and adding new attractions. (no word on the Peoplemover or other classic rides)

The 50th is coming up soon, it is time to bring TL back to it's classic glory. The white spires of Space Moutain should be the start of a change.

I think that DL knows that TL needs this facelift. I doubt that this paint is simply primer, that will only be painted over with more catpoo color.

I have hope!! That is a great thing-:D :D

mousey_girl
10-17-2003, 11:51 AM
I have heard a lot of stuff at the Main Gates. Most of it was complete rubbish. People like to make themselves look good, or knowledgable about things they actually know nothing about.

It sounds great, but I wouldn't count on it happening by the 50th (if at all). Also TDA hates to admit when it's wrong. They spent a lot of $$$ when they redid TL the last time. They may not be ready to spend more now.

Queenie
10-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
They spent a lot of $$$ when they redid TL the last time. They may not be ready to spend more now.

They did it on the cheap the last time they did it and that's why they need to spend more now.

Freerider127
10-17-2003, 12:11 PM
TommorowLand definatly needs some new stuff or something thats working to make it not a ghostown.

disguy
10-17-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Nephythys
I was in line to get into DL this July and there was a lady talking to several other people in line.

She said that they were in serious talks to makeover TL, by putting back in the Subs, the refurbishment of Space Mtn (which I now believe involves the white paint) and adding new attractions. (no word on the Peoplemover or other classic rides)

If you heard this in July then it's most likely a fact. Since I believe back in July they were thinking of brining back the Subs. Which from what some people have said is now not going to happen. :(

sleepyjeff
10-17-2003, 06:39 PM
I have hope!! That is a great thing-:D :D

I hope your right....but I ve lost more than a few dollars investing in stocks/horse races, etc. that I heard about when standing in some line:eek:

MOD NOTE: Excessive quoting deleted. Please try to keep a 1:1 ratio of quote to reply. Thank you. Adrienne K

Not Afraid
10-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Maybe the person saying all of this stuff had been reading Miceage lately.

Anyone can claim anything.

Nephythys
10-17-2003, 09:28 PM
True, and I am not claiming she was some infallible source- but I thought it was an interesting correlation between what she said, the other rumors and stories and they white paint-

Tell me something, WHY, when people WANT change at DL and it might start to happen all of a sudden people get ****y and start being negative and sure that nothing they hear is true. The almost paranoid attutude that permeates anything positive here is really sad.

:confused:

I thought people would appreciate these things- I guess I was wrong-

mousey_girl
10-17-2003, 10:25 PM
I am sorry that I upset you. That was not my intention at all. All I am saying is don't get your hopes up too high.

I tend to lean towards the pesimistic side of things. If it happens GREAT! If it doesn't happen I am not disappointed.

jazzjunkie
10-17-2003, 11:13 PM
Tell me something, WHY, when people WANT change at DL and it might start to happen all of a sudden people get ****y.

****y = happy?

and start being negative and sure that nothing they hear is true

Is that really the case? In that case, I'm positive that SM isn't being painted white. Lies! All lies!

The almost paranoid attutude that permeates anything positive here is really sad.

The thread about SM being painted white -- if that isn't joy overflowing right there...

Bottomline: Something overheard in line probably needs to be taken with a pinch (or three) of salt. Cautiously hopeful, yes. No cause for more.

Nephythys
10-17-2003, 11:54 PM
LOL- my word got edited- ticked off basically-

I saw the happiness when I saw the thread about the paint- which is part of why I called to check and see what DL had to say- but I keep running into naysayers and a negative attitude- that's disheartening-

Mousygirl- you did not upset me- I just thought people would be happy to hear what the lady told me, I was not expecting people to get so negative-:crying:

Main Street Magic
10-18-2003, 07:26 AM
Not to be too negative here, but there are two threads running here that you initiated saying that you heard the same "rumors" from two different locations.

I am not trying to say that you did not hear these things, but we would be happier if these were not things heard second hand. These are not from official announcements so we are not going to get all excited.:confused:

tracilicious
10-18-2003, 07:29 AM
i was happy to hear it. i think that there is a good chance that miracles like the subs coming back might not happen, but i was happy all the same. as for space being painted brown again, if they were going to do that then they wouldn't primer it. they would just add another coat of brown. so it will be a different color, who knows what though.

Nephythys
10-18-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Main Street Magic
Not to be too negative here, but there are two threads running here that you initiated saying that you heard the same "rumors" from two different locations.

I am not trying to say that you did not hear these things, but we would be happier if these were not things heard second hand. These are not from official announcements so we are not going to get all excited.:confused:

Wrong. I overheard something in line this July- rumor, yes.

Yesterday I called Disneyland, asked specifically about Space Mtn. Not a rumor, but something told to me BY Disneyland, different issue.

The person in line never mentioned Space Mtn at all, except for the refurb we all know about, the person AT Disneyland told me about attractions being returned to their original state.

Clear now?

cstephens
10-20-2003, 10:51 AM
True, and I am not claiming she was some infallible source- but I thought it was an interesting correlation between what she said, the other rumors and stories and they white paint-

Tell me something, WHY, when people WANT change at DL and it might start to happen all of a sudden people get ****y and start being negative and sure that nothing they hear is true. The almost paranoid attutude that permeates anything positive here is really sad.

:confused:

I thought people would appreciate these things- I guess I was wrong-

Hopefully, you'll take this in the helpful spirit in which I am intending it. I'm not sure how long you've been participating in Disney boards, but please know that some have been around for long enough to know that many, many things are said about what is supposedly going on at Disneyland everywhere, and it's been proven time and again that often, many of the rumours are simply wrong and/or invented. People have developed a very healthy attitude of not believing everything they hear, even if it's good/happy stuff. All kinds of people claim to have inside information - and not all of them do. Heck, I've heard people claim to have insider information, and when pressed for where they get that information from, they finally, eventually, admit that they read it from this or that website or discussion board which was just someone else speculating about something. I'm sure each of us has people that we believe most of the time as well as those we don't particularly believe. And I'm sure you'll understand that since I have no idea who you are, there would be no reason for me to believe what you posted even if you were saying you knew it from firsthand knowledge. I would therefore be even more inclined not to believe the information given that it was simply something you overheard in line, and I know absolutely nothing about the source of the information. I've heard people bragging to others about knowing this or that information when I've known that the information they're disseminating is blatantly false.

So please don't take any skepticism as a personal insult. I would imagine that you probably wouldn't believe everything a total stranger told you as well.

Nephythys
10-20-2003, 11:40 AM
Point taken-

jrad32
10-20-2003, 12:01 PM
I really can't blame anyone for being negative about Disney right now. I mean how many times do you have to be slapped in the face before you get a little pesimistic.

If they paint space Mountain white I'll hail that as a good move and tally a point for Disney, but it's not going to get me back in their parks until a lot more things are "fixed."