PDA

View Full Version : Best time to buy Feb travel package

QueenofHearts
10-17-2003, 08:28 AM
The current promotions of 5 days for price of 3 park hoppers and the stay 5 days for the price of 4 ends Jan 2, 2004... I'm planning a Feb 16-21 trip - does anyone know when new packages/pricing should be out? I'm hoping I can get a great deal because it's off season.
Thanks!

MammaSilva
10-17-2003, 08:44 AM
Actually I think you might want to check those dates to see if they are a 'holiday' weekend.. if it's the presidents day 3 day weekend the rates won't be 'off season' as I found out when I booked a weekend in October that turned out to be Columbus Day weekend which isn't even as 'big' a holiday as the Presidents Day weekend. Other wise I'd just keep watching MouseSavers for her latest saving tips.

Mark099
10-17-2003, 06:55 PM
You can get deals almost any time of year. You should be able to buy the 5 for 3 disney passes from AAA/CAA travel branches. The promotion keeps getting extended so don't worry. Contact your AAA branch to make sure they have passes. The free nights promotion can be a little deceiving. Often you can get really good nightly rates by booking online and being a AAA/CAA member. If you plan on staying at a Disney Hotel, then the free night can work in your favour under the right conditions (i.e. pay for Mon-Thurs and get a Friday or Saturday night free which can be more expensive).

This is what I can get up here...

http://www.bcaa.com/member/attractpasses.html

dpstang
10-17-2003, 08:05 PM
Here you are :ANAHEIM, Calif., October 15, 2003 – The Walt Disney Travel Company, experts in Southern California vacations, has created new 2004 packages that can be custom-designed for magical memories -- and offer savings up to $55 on Disneyland Resort theme park admissions. The vacations include Disney Character experiences with a 5x7 photo, Park Hopper® Tickets, new stage shows and themed dining, all with great values that appeal to the entire family.

Walt Disney Travel Company 2004 packages include a Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Ticket offering unlimited admission to Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure™ on a minimum three-day/two-night package.

New Package Values For 2004

By purchasing a Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package in advance, guests can save up to $55 on Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Tickets.
Each package includes a souvenir 5x7 portrait with a Disney Character.
A 5-Day Park Hopper Bonus Ticket with a $10 ESPN Zone® Arena Game Card is included with packages three nights or longer.
Guests may purchase “Grand Upgrades” with suite or concierge level accommodations and special extras.
A series of “Extra Value Days” have been established; when guests visit on these dates, they receive two free Disney Character breakfasts.
In addition to the souvenir Disney portrait, Walt Disney Travel Company vacation packages include preferred seating at four shows in Disney’s California Adventure; an exclusive Walt Disney Travel Company California Fun Book with discounts throughout the Resort and Downtown Disney; a collectible pin and lanyard, bag tag and a handy Magical Pocket Guide directory featuring Resort maps; restaurant listings and vacation tips. Should guests need any travel assistance with their package while on vacation at the Disneyland Resort, the Walt Disney Travel Company operates an on-site Guest Services office in Downtown Disney.

Most popular vacation packages

Disney’s Resort Magic package shares the magic of Disney from check-in to checkout at one of three Disneyland Resort hotels: Disney’s Paradise Piersm Hotel, the Disneyland® Hotel or Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel®. Two-night packages start at $299 per person, double occupancy at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel during Value Season.*

Disney’s Good Neighbor Magic package offers accommodations at one of more than 40 conveniently located Disneyland Resort Good Neighbor hotels. Prices vary depending on hotel beginning at $199 per person, based upon double occupancy, on a two-night package at the Jolly Roger Hotel during Value Season.*

Disney’s Land & Sand GetAway is a six-night/seven-day vacation that offers the best of Southern California with three nights at the Disneyland Resort and three nights in the San Diego area. In addition to the magical Disney features, the package includes a San Diego 3-for-1 Pass with five days of admission to SeaWorld Adventure Park, the World-Famous San Diego Zoo® and San Diego Wild Animal Park®, plus an Old Town Trolley Tour and a beach tote, ideal for a Land & Sand GetAway. Prices start at $577 per person, double occupancy for three nights at the Anaheim Fairfield Inn by Marriott and three nights at the Dana Inn & Marina during Value Season.* There are a wide variety of hotels and different price levels to choose from.

Magical Meal Plans, Upgrades & Add-Ons

New “Grand Upgrades” - By upgrading a vacation package to suite or concierge level accommodations at a Disneyland Resort Hotel or one of six participating Good Neighbor hotels, guests also receive an exclusive Disney Gallery lithograph signed by renowned artist Eric Robison and preferred viewing at a choice of select shows including Disney’s Electrical Parade.

Dining Options - Add a Disney Character dining experience for more one-on-one time with favorite Disney friends in several themed restaurants on property or a Dine-in-the-Magic Meal Plan. Dining meal plan vouchers are accepted at restaurants and snack spots in Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure and at the Disneyland Resort hotels; tax and gratuity are included on the Character Dining Options.

Complete the Package - Package add-ons can also include competitive airfare from selected markets, ground transportation, Alamo® Car Rental, travel insurance and optional day tours throughout Southern California.

Additional Ticket Options

Disney Passport Plus (Tickets Only) - Disney’s Passport Plus is available for guests who do not need hotel accommodations, but still want the benefits of park hopping. The Passport comes with a $10 ESPN Zone Arena Game Card, preferred seating at four shows at Disney’s California Adventure and a California Fun Book. Rates for this five-day Park Hopper Bonus Ticket start at $129 for adults and $99 for guests ages 3 to 9.

More Ways to Save

Fourth Night Free - offered exclusively at the Disneyland Resort Hotels. When guests stay three nights, they can receive a fourth night free from January 6 - February 13, 2004 or August 29 - December 23, 2004. Black-out dates may apply.

Extra Value Days - When guests stay during these special dates, they receive two free adult character breakfasts. This offer can be combined with the Fourth Night Free offer. The Extra Value Days are January 6 - February 13, 2004 and August 29 - October 7, 2004. Black-out dates may apply.

To book a Disneyland Resort vacation package, guests can contact their travel agent, call the Walt Disney Travel Company at (877) 700-DISNEY, or book online at www.disneyland.com. For general Disneyland Resort information, park hours and entertainment schedules, call (714) 781-4565.

*Value Season is a window of dates with special package pricing for 2004: January 6 through March 28; April 18 through July 1; August 29 through November 21 and November 28 through December 23.

QueenofHearts
10-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Thank you so much! Just wondering if we bought a 5 days for the price of three park hopper now, does it have an expiration date?
Thanks!

Mark099
10-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by QueenofHearts
Thank you so much! Just wondering if we bought a 5 days for the price of three park hopper now, does it have an expiration date?
Thanks!

Yes, sometimes they do. Check before you buy.

BTW... I also found out that the 5 for 3 passes are sold at the Disney store.