PDA

View Full Version : Golden Horseshoe

binky0814
11-11-2014, 07:39 AM
Hello All!

Now that Billy Hill and The Hillbillies are no longer at the Golden Horseshoe :crying:, has anything taken their place? What about the show in front with the mayor and his "daughter" - I can't remember the name of the show. Is that show still around?

Thanks!

oregontraveler
11-11-2014, 07:48 AM
The acts was known as the Laughingstock Co. I believe it too was 'retired' along with the Billies. I think the entertainment budget was used for the interactive game that was held over the summer.

binky0814
11-11-2014, 09:29 AM
The acts was known as the Laughingstock Co. I believe it too was 'retired' along with the Billies. I think the entertainment budget was used for the interactive game that was held over the summer.

Laughing Stock! That's right. NOW I remember! :)

What a shame that both of these shows are now dark. My son and I enjoyed both so much...it was a "must do" every time we visited. :(

olegc
11-11-2014, 10:16 AM
there is some sort of show held inside the GH - I just don't know what it is. The "mayor" was exhorting people to come in for the show...

MadasaHatter
11-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Billy Hill was one of my must dos in the park and while I am sad that they are gone I felt that 20 years was a pretty darn good run. I saw the original show I am quite sure but think Wally Boag was gone??? Not sure. I went to Disneyland while it was still running so I must have seen it.

I cannot imagine with the 60th anniversary coming up that plans are being made for a NEW SHOW.....Princess Fantasy Faire is securely in place....Mickey and the Magical Map will run for quite some time with that crazy high tech set ( I wonder if they have the ability to change the show ...it seems like it is a plan)

With that real estate it is the NEXT obvious option. The shows at Disneyland are one of the reasons I love the parks so much so I am madly hoping for a new HUGE success in there....

sourdough
11-12-2014, 05:01 PM
I was at the Park on October 29, and the Laughing Stock Co. were indeed listed for multiple shows on the entertainment schedule for the Golden Horseshoe. My guess is that without a show inside, the food service receipts were headed down and this old chestnut was revived. They're okay, but I'm still seriously missin' them thar Hillbillies !!

Toocherie
11-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Sourdough . . . . them thar Hillbillies are right down the road at Knott's. The price of an annual Knott's pass is less than a one-day pass to Disneyland/DCA. The great thing about the Billies at Knott's is that they have the creative freedom to do what they want--something that was not afforded to them at Disneyland. They usually do three or four sets a day and each set is entirely different. My friends and I generally go out and do a few things in the park then spend the rest of the time watching the Billies' sets. Don't get me wrong--I do Disneyland too quite a bit but having the option to do a more laid-back trip to Knott's is nice.

MadasaHatter
11-13-2014, 10:26 AM
Whoa. An annual pass to KNOTT'S is less than a one-day pass to DLR. That is mind blowing. I guess if I spend more time in So Cal next year I may have to get one. I do like me some Billies.

MadasaHatter
11-13-2014, 10:36 AM
But back to the THREAD....I really thought the LAUGHING STOCK was a nice street show and OK in the Golden Horseshoe but I think music needs to be in there. The Billies were very very unique and I think it would be a hard pair of boots to fill. The Wild West Can Can show does seem like the perfect fit. I have never seen the HOOP DE DOO REVUE in WDW but hear a lot about that. It seems to be a BIG show but maybe a smaller version of that?

I would also REALLY like to see a unique NON Disney character show in there. I wouldn't cringe if Mickey in a Cowboy hat came out at the end or Woody I suppose but a la POTC, HM, whoa.......

I would love to see BIG AL sing BLOOD ON THE SADDLE as a nod to the Country Bears....He could be animatronic and be revealed in the sides balconies......actually they could do that with both sides AND have live performers on the stage! That would be very cool. My head is a spinning! Any other mad ideas? Don't none of y'all varmints be hollering' about no dang loop or I'll have to hog tie ya (yes I put on my cowboy hat 10/4 in this size)

sjhanksaz
11-21-2014, 12:11 PM
I agree, this is a stage in a saloon. It should have some dancing and singing