PDA

View Full Version : More Disneyland Market Research

cryan71
10-16-2003, 09:52 PM
Just got an email survey from Survey Savay. This might give you some insight into price changes. Here is the kicker -- they asked how you would feel about the following price changes. Check these questions out!

Please carefully review the ticket options and prices below. Which ticket would you most likely purchase for yourself on your next visit to Disneyland Park and/or Disney's California Adventure? Assume that there are no other tickets or discounts available.
Ticket Options Ticket Prices
INDIVIDUAL TICKETS
One-Day, Two Park Ticket
• You can go back and forth between both parks as much as you'd like for one day $57
2-Day, Two Park Ticket
• You can go back and forth between both parks as much as you'd like for two days
• You may use the second day to visit anytime within a year $98
3-Day, Two Park Ticket
• You can go back and forth between both parks as much as you'd like for three days
• You may use the remaining two days to visit anytime within a year $129
4-Day, Two Park Ticket
• You can go back and forth between both parks as much as you'd like for four days
• You may use the remaining three days to visit anytime within a year $159
ANNUAL PASSES
Two-Park Southern California Annual Pass
• This pass allows you to go to Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
Park on 205 pre-selected days a year
• Summer, Saturdays, and holidays are excluded
• Parking is not included $109
Two-Park Deluxe Annual Pass
Park on 320 pre-selected days
• Saturdays in Spring and Summer, and holidays are excluded
• 10% discount at selected food locations, and special hotel rates
• Parking is not included $179
Two-Park Premium Annual Pass
• Allows unlimited access to Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
Park for one year
• Includes parking, Disney Magazine Subscription, 10-15% discount at numerous food locations, 10% discount at selected food locations, and special hotel rates $239

____

This was another type of option:

Ticket Options Ticket Prices
INDIVIDUAL TICKETS
One-Day, Two Park Ticket
• You can go back and forth between both parks as much as you'd like for one day $57
2-Day, Two Park Ticket
• You can go back and forth between both parks as much as you'd like for two days
• You may use the second day to visit anytime within a year $98
3-Day, Two Park Ticket
• You can go back and forth between both parks as much as you'd like for three days
• You may use the remaining two days to visit anytime within a year $129
4-Day, Two Park Ticket
• You can go back and forth between both parks as much as you'd like for four days
• You may use the remaining three days to visit anytime within a year $159
ANNUAL PASSES
Two-Park Southern California Annual Pass
Park 205 pre-selected days a year
• Summer, Saturdays, and holidays are excluded
• Parking is not included $109
Two-Park Deluxe Annual Pass
Park on 320 pre-selected days
• Saturdays in Spring and Summer, and holidays are excluded
• 10% discount at selected food locations, and special hotel rates
• Parking is not included $179
Two-Park Premium Annual Pass
• Allows unlimited access to Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
Park for one year
• Includes parking, Disney Magazine Subscription, 10-15% discount at numerous food locations, 10% discount at selected food locations, and special hotel rates $239

Hmmmmm

HBTiggerFan
10-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Both sections look the same.

HUMMMMMM still...

Lashbear
10-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Where's the $1000.00 pass... I want the $1000.00 pass !! :p

(BTW, I assume the $1000.00 pass would include lifetime membership to Club 33 ;) )

NOTE: to any Disney survey people reading this... I AM joking... as an Australian it is my perogative to do so. Opinions expressed do not represent the opinion of the majority of MousePadders. Thank you.

cryan71
10-17-2003, 07:19 AM
Yeah, it looks like both things were the same.

tod
10-17-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Lashbear
(BTW, I assume the $1000.00 pass would include lifetime membership to Club 33 ;) )

Although I am a longtime advocate of restoration of General Admission and individual ride tickets, and abolition of (or substantial price increase for) Annual Passports, may I say how heartily I endorse this idea, and vow that I will send a cashier's check to 500 South Buena Vista the day it is announced.

--T
who still thinks Annual Passes are killing the Park(s), but if they wanna put their head in a noose and I've got some rope and their money is good...
:fez:

JenGood008
10-17-2003, 07:45 AM
Wait, so basically they would be offering a one day park hopper for $57?? That seems like a great deal to me. I always thought that they should combine admission, but I assumed it would cost a lot more.

tracilicious
10-17-2003, 08:03 AM
i think they are going in the right direction, but i would like to see a one park one day ticket for cheaper. say, $35. sounds good to me.

merlinjones
10-17-2003, 08:10 AM
I want:

One day, one park (Disneyland) pass $35.

One Park (Disneyland) Premium Annual Pass $199.

Don't come up with ways to make me pay to go to DCA when I don't want to, unless there are single park options!!!!

As a consumer, I resent being "forced" to pay for an add-on product I don't want! It's like block-booking. I will pay for what I like, not what you want me to pay for or I won't pay at all.

Demigod121
10-17-2003, 08:31 AM
There's always Knott's - Their Annual Pass is only $99 bucks, with NO BLACKOUT days!

-Demigod

PS. But, I would like to see the $199 no-blackout any park pass!

JenGood008
10-17-2003, 08:46 AM
I personally am happy to pay what they are asking now for the Premiun Annual Pass. With the amount that I use it, I am getting a great deal. I'm spending a ton of money at the park every time I go, so Disney is getting a great deal too. True, Universal and Knotts may have cheaper annual passes, but I went to Universal a couple weeks ago and thought, 'THIS is why I love Disneyland...' I would probably have to be offered money to go more than once a year!

MammaSilva
10-17-2003, 09:00 AM
We live over 400 miles away and have Premium Annual Passes, this year we will have visited the parks a total of approx 14 days before they expire and I think it's a great deal. We have season passes to SF Marine World that are also good at other Six Flags parks.. our visit in August I offered to stop so the kids could say they've been to MM....they declined....to quote the 15 year old "it's just a bunch of coasters, we can ride coasters at home."

I doubt that the days of the one park pass will ever return but I also doubt that the price will go so high as to make them for the elite only either..

Freerider127
10-17-2003, 12:19 PM
$57 seems like a pretty fair price to me for both park admission.

dsnylndmom
10-17-2003, 04:36 PM
We live near Sacramento and have deluxe passes. I used mine 12 days and the kids 8 days so far(got our AP's in April). We are hoping to maybe go back in Nov.(gotta go gotta go)and will go again in March(10 year anniversary, hopfully staying at the GCH). So we definitely got our moneys worth.

We went to Great America last weekend and I kept thinking, much like JenGood008, "another reason why I love Disneyland, another reason........" but we did go ahead and get season passes while we were there, they were too cheap to pass up! LOL They were only $59.99 and are good until January 2005, have no blackout days, include parking, 20% off food and merchandise and are good for Great America, their new water park due to open next year and Bonafante Gardens(never been there though)Since the kids like Nickelodeon so much I figured we'd get some use outta them. But I tell you what I wouldn't pay even $99 for that pass!