PDA

View Full Version : Third Park?

averagecuppajoe
10-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Can't find it right now, but I've been saving an article for a couple of years now that states Disney would soon start work on the third park in the DL area. (Dated the summer before DCA opened, I think.)
The article said that Disney bought orchards, or was it "farmland", a block from the park. I believe it was 80 something acres.
That was the last I heard. Has anyone heard anything similar? What was going in or is there still a plan for something else. Does anyone know where this land sits?

sleepyjeff
10-16-2003, 10:55 PM
They did buy all that vacant land behind the Raddison Hotel. Before DCA opened they planned on building a third park to help take in the mass number of people they expected to flock to the DLR as a result of the immense popularity of DCA( I am not making this up....they really did think people would like this um er theme park).

They also had planned on building Disney Seas ; not in Tokyo but in Long Beach.......I know this because I live just a few miles from where the Spruce Goose was sent to free up land for this new park.

As for that vacant area just east of Harbor(se of dl).......a third rate water park was in the early planning stages before 9-11-01. Now, I think all plans are on hold:(

disneyboy7
10-17-2003, 08:04 AM
The land bought used to be strawberry fields. The family had farmed it for decades.

merlinjones
10-17-2003, 08:16 AM
Disney's Swap Meet Adventure

Disney's Parking Adventure

Disney's Outlet Mall Adventure

Disney's Farmer's Market Adventure

Disney's Auto Mall Adventure

Disney's Public Pool Adventure

Demigod121
10-17-2003, 08:25 AM
Don't forget:

Disney's Anaheim Motel Bus Adventure

Mr. OCTA Bus Driver's Wild Ride

Disney's Find The Parking For Downtown Disney Adventure

Downtown Disney's After Hours House Of Blues Drunken Adventure

...the list goes on and on! :fez:

-Demigod
(Goofing off at work, as usual)

mousketeer
10-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Disney's "We're Too Cheap So All There Is To See Here Is Dirt" Adventure

Freerider127
10-17-2003, 12:14 PM
I heard alot of rumors about the 3rd park but I know they purchased the land which was once strawberry feild or something. I dont really know what there going to do with it in the future, im sure they will do something with it only time will tell. Hopefully it will be something pretty cool.

disneyboy7
10-17-2003, 04:43 PM
Don't forget Disney's Dogpark Resort - only $5.00 as opposed to the day kennels that $10.00.