PDA

View Full Version : Jingle Cruise is Back

megzrg
11-07-2014, 10:00 AM
The Disney Parks Blog today now has the Jingle Cruise listed as one of the returning Christmas events. It wasn't listed on the website or updates from Disneyland until now, I wonder if they changed their minds about it or it was just an oversight.

Either way glad they did, I didn't get to go on it last year.

SteveMartin
11-07-2014, 10:54 AM
I was underwhelmed by that overlay last year. Really long line for a really small change in the attraction.

cstephens
11-07-2014, 11:34 AM
My favorite part was a cage of decorations in the upper queue area. But not worth having to go through the queue that far just to see it.

olegc
11-07-2014, 11:43 AM
yes - for those that don't remember - they used the ENTIRE queue (upstairs too) for this attraction for a long time. It may mean if you have to see it, and don't want to wait, its one of your first stops in the morning...

bumblebeeonarose
11-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the information olegc! Looks like we may need to head over there before the after school/work crowd enters the park.

olegc
11-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the information olegc! Looks like we may need to head over there before the after school/work crowd enters the park.

and since its year 2 it could be different - but be prepared...

MaraMouse
11-07-2014, 02:06 PM
I was really hoping for changes to the jungle displays, but I guess it was focused more on the holiday jokes by the skippers.

MadasaHatter
11-08-2014, 10:57 AM
I do not think a XMAS trip is in the offing for me this year so I will have to rely on you LOVELY mouseplaneteers to tell me what is the haps.

I think if they committed to a 2nd year they are planning on adding onto it and making it better I should hope?!?!? Or am I mad???

danyoung
11-11-2014, 07:55 AM
I was underwhelmed by that overlay last year. Really long line for a really small change in the attraction.

Different strokes, I guess. I really liked the overlay. I wasn't expecting anything big, and on that I wasn't surprised. But I liked the small touches, and it made an older attraction a fun one for the holiday.

SteveMartin
11-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Different strokes, I guess. I really liked the overlay. I wasn't expecting anything big, and on that I wasn't surprised. But I liked the small touches, and it made an older attraction a fun one for the holiday.

I guess my main issue was the length of the line - it was over 60 minutes. I would have enjoyed it more if the line were shorter. I do like the fact that they decorated for the holidays.

So this year, I'll only go when the line is reasonable. :)

Malcon10t
11-11-2014, 11:50 AM
I enjoyed it as well last year. Will be on my list for a few trips this year!!

danyoung
11-15-2014, 07:31 AM
I just read that they have vastly increased the decorations and schtick this year. So those underwhelmed last year will hopefully be satisfied this year!

Nikara
11-15-2014, 03:14 PM
I saw it today. It was great! Tons of decorations that brought on some excellent jokes.

TTFN92
11-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Wish I could see it. Maybe some year.

newhdplayer
11-16-2014, 09:08 AM
I saw it today. It was great! Tons of decorations that brought on some excellent jokes.

Ditto that

Saw it Friday night and hadn't Been on the upstairs part of the queue in ages

Nicely seasonaly decorated and line moved well.

Skipped had some truly seasonally horrendous jokes as expected.

Fun ride

Mickeygirlforever
11-17-2014, 08:04 AM
I agree it was great! So much better than last year that we rode it twice! I completely adored the gorillas in the baking supplies (especially the little one going in and out of the flour bag) and it smelled delicious! Well done!

Blacksheep Uncle
11-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Much, much better than last year...with very little hype; pretty much the opposite as last year..

rfaljean
11-18-2014, 07:35 AM
We enjoyed it, especially at night. The key is to hit it when Fantasmic is running. We managed to queue up just as Fantasmic was ending and fireworks were starting and only waited 20 min.

shersaint1
11-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Many, many more decorations than last year. If you like garlands (not the Judy kind), you'll enjoy the decorations. Our skipper was awesomely funny. JINGLE!!!

Tinkermommy
11-27-2014, 08:51 AM
I agree that it's much better this year! We waited about 45 minutes yesterday, and thought it was worth it. Our skipper, a guy named Noah, was the most engaging Jungle Cruise skipper I've seen in quite a while. We also seemed to have a boat full of happy people who laughed at all the corny jokes. Six thumbs up from our party!

potzbie
11-27-2014, 08:54 PM
When I saw the floating circular fruitcake boxes floating in the Ganges/Irrawaddy/Amazon River, I knew this was going to be a good Jingle Cruise.
:)

The humongous jingle bells on the two bull elephants was a bit much.
:|

bumblebeeonarose
12-07-2014, 08:31 PM
We enjoyed this ride through, it was worth the longer wait to hear new jokes.