PDA

View Full Version : Any News on Candlelight Processional Packages?

megzrg
11-02-2014, 11:11 AM
My husband and I are finally getting to go Disneyland in December and the first day of our trip is on the 8th. I know in the past that they used to have dinner and processional packages, but that seemed really short lived. Has anyone heard if they are going to offer the packages this year?

Malcon10t
11-02-2014, 11:32 AM
My husband and I are finally getting to go Disneyland in December and the first day of our trip is on the 8th. I know in the past that they used to have dinner and processional packages, but that seemed really short lived. Has anyone heard if they are going to offer the packages this year?Candlelight Processional will be Dec 6 and 7th this year.

megzrg
11-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Candlelight Processional will be Dec 6 and 7th this year.

Sorry, the first day of our trip is the 7th not the 8th.

Nightwing
11-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Candlelight Processional will be Dec 6 and 7th this year.

Do you know when on those days? Been wanting to experience Christmas at Disneyland for a few decades... ^_^

tea4two
11-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Performances are usually around 5pm and 8pm (5:30 and 8:30?).

olegc
11-03-2014, 08:41 AM
i don't think they have had any dining/ticket packages for the last 2 years or so. They simply posted the performances, and there was seating for planned guests and some of those with physical impairments but that was it. Nothing like before with multiple places to dine. The restaurants do offer special meals but they are not tied to any specific seating package.

Did I remember correctly?

megzrg
11-03-2014, 05:53 PM
i don't think they have had any dining/ticket packages for the last 2 years or so. They simply posted the performances, and there was seating for planned guests and some of those with physical impairments but that was it. Nothing like before with multiple places to dine. The restaurants do offer special meals but they are not tied to any specific seating package.

Did I remember correctly?

Thanks for the information. I went back and dug through the old Disneyland Resort updates and it has been about 2 years since the dining packages and I think last year they tried to extend the candlelight performance to like 3 weeks or something. This year they only posted the 6 and 7th on the site that is calling for choirs to audition, so I think you are right.

I have never been at Disneyland during this weekend and my first inclination is to avoid Disneyland and hang out in DCA that evening because of the crowding on Main Street. Any thoughts from those that have been to the park for the Candlelight Processional?

tea4two
11-03-2014, 10:57 PM
We love CP and try to attend every year! It can cause more crowding in Town Square, but CMs do a good job of guiding people through. Those who want to stay to watch CP are guided to viewing areas, those who want to keep moving can do so. It really isn't that different from entering DL when the parade is going by. If the monorail is running, you can enter that way and skip Town Square completely.

megzrg
11-04-2014, 06:04 AM
We love CP and try to attend every year! It can cause more crowding in Town Square, but CMs do a good job of guiding people through. Those who want to stay to watch CP are guided to viewing areas, those who want to keep moving can do so. It really isn't that different from entering DL when the parade is going by. If the monorail is running, you can enter that way and skip Town Square completely.

Excellent idea on the monorail, thanks!

Malcon10t
11-04-2014, 06:22 AM
It really isn't that different from entering DL when the parade is going by. If the monorail is running, you can enter that way and skip Town Square completely.If you aren't trying to see the CP, my vote is for the monorail and stay away from Town Square. To me it is very different than the parade going by if you are trying to go through the area after 4pm. It has taken me 20 mins to get from the Emporium to City Hall trying to exit.

curtsinore
11-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Last year was probably the chaos that motivated the resort to create the short cut around the street. Last year, sunday night, they opened the area behind city Hall and had folks exit out by the picnic area. DTD was very crowded for the cool night. The problem with the CP, is that when it was extended last year, many folks participated and now it is a holiday must do, but there is not enough space for all who return, stumble onto or plan for the event. And it is very different then parade, as seen last year from a photo where folks where ignoring Cast Members and filling in the street without any control

Shortpix77
11-04-2014, 08:08 AM
We absolutely loved it when they extended it to multiple weeks (I think it was two or three years ago) and had AP seating by lottery at many of the performances. Having a seat made the difference for me. I'd tried in past years to see it, but standing that long and having a mostly obscured view (I'm short) just didn't provide the immersive experience that we got with the seats.

olegc
11-04-2014, 08:52 AM
I love watching them walk down Main St. - and the music. I don't need to see the stage too much - BUT - I do agree that exiting during the show is just too difficult. Entering is not that bad. Maybe the corridors would help.

candles71
11-04-2014, 12:28 PM
We have been there during. Only trying to get up and down Main Street is an issue. The rest of the park is lovely. Wasn't it 2012 with the 3 weeks of? It seems like our last December trip was when that happened.

megzrg
11-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Thanks everyone for the experience information. As choir parents (no, my child is not performing in it) I think that we will survive skipping this experience and enjoy DCA and the rest of DL while everyone else is crowded on Main Street. Very much looking forward to our three other awesome Disney Christmas experiences this trip, though.

Malcon10t
11-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Candlelight is one of my favorite weekends at Disneyland. We already have plans to come down, and will enjoy the weekend. BUT, it isn't an easy time to be in Town Square!!

Malcon10t
11-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Fairly reliable "rumor" is Beau Bridges will be doing the narration for both nights this year.

Micmousetoo
11-19-2014, 04:38 PM
My husband and I have been at Disneyland 3 or 4 times during the CP. It gets crazy busy with people during the event, but we always hang out at the hub near the castle and you can hear the Christmas story and the singing there as well. I just love walking through the stores and sitting at the hub hearing the Christmas story and the Christmas Carols! We were there when Dick Van Dyke read the Christmas story. He was in a tux and he was so handsome. It caused quite the stir as people unfamiliar with the CP realized Dick Van Dyke was there. Hello... Bert from Mary Poppins in a tux at Disneyland! Only a few penguins were needed. PRICELESS! Plus, Disneyland is so beautiful at Christmas time. There are so many lights and decorations and Small World is lite up with hundreds of thousands of lights! MAGICAL!

mtq2223
11-28-2014, 05:09 AM
Never been. Just happen to have planned a trip for the weekend. Does anyone know how long the performance is? I assume not more than 30 min.

Malcon10t
11-28-2014, 05:40 AM
Never been. Just happen to have planned a trip for the weekend. Does anyone know how long the performance is? I assume not more than 30 min.
About 45 mins to an hour