PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion movie trading cards in DL

cstephens
10-16-2003, 07:55 AM
We had occasion to be at the bank on Main Street on Saturday night. My husband happened to notice the CM handling some Haunted Mansion movie trading cards and that there were a stack of them nearby, so he asked if he could have one. She gave one to me as well. There are nine cards.

On the one side of each card is a picture of each of the following: The Bride, The Clairvoyant, The Axe, The Guest, The Guard, The Butler, The Quartet and the Hitchhikers. The ninth card just has what looks like a one-sheet design with the words "Walt Disney Pictures presents Eddie Murphy The Haunted Mansion November 26" with the picture of the front door of the mansion slightly ajar with cobwebs everywhere.

On the other side of each card is the regular HM logo for the movie with a tagline for each of the pictured characters: "The Bride - She'll wait a lifetime...even if it kills her"; "Madame Leota - Your future would be in good hands...if she had any"; "The Axe - Never a dull moment with this sharp fellow"; "Jim Evers - The old real estate adage...buyer beware"; "The Guard - out-dated home security system"; "Ramsley - He is dying to serve you...on a silver platter"; "The Quartet - Heady chaps...they bust a move"; and "Hitchhiking Ghosts - Glowing their way?".

These are similar to the trading cards for "Brother Bear" that I picked up about a month ago at DCA, though I didn't manage to get a full set of those.