PDA

View Full Version : State agency fines Disney $18,530 for fatal 'Aladdin' accident - AP. 10/15/03

Darkbeer
10-15-2003, 09:41 PM
State agency fines Disney $18,530 for fatal 'Aladdin' accident (http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/7023590.htm) - AP, 10/15/03

QuikQuote: The higher fine was related to the platform Bowman was working on while testing and adjusting lighting and replacing light bulbs, Fryer said. The runway was too narrow and Bowman had to go outside the secure platform to work on the lighting, he said.
The smaller fine was for the company's failure to provide adequate lanyards, which an employee attaches to a harness, with the other end attached to a solid location, Fryer said. "The other end wasn't hooked to a solid location," Fryer said.

tjrj
10-16-2003, 06:36 AM
Interesting that the lanyard wasn't "hooked to a solid location". And that was Disney's fault? Don't get me wrong-I'm very sorry that the man died but, as hubby was a former steelworker in CA, I know of plenty of times where guys(and girls) aren't hooked in as they should be per CALOSHA due to in-attention, forgetfulness, and plain belief in one's own immortality.