PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Forever, again

AVP
10-15-2003, 06:25 PM
As predicted :D in this Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr030818.htm), a new version of the Disneyland Forever system has been installed at 20th Century Music.

The new system, which "goes live" on Friday, (but is available now, when it works), does not offer "mix your own" CDs as did the previous version. It offers pre-mixed CDs of Disneyland attractions, movie soundtracks, park music CDs from WDW, and other titles.

The DL attraction CDs include:

* America Sings
* The Enchanted Tiki Room (No word yet if the Offenbach number is included) This CD also includes the Jungle Cruise narration.
* Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (This is an odd one - there appears to be no music on it, just speeches)
* Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland - these are recordings of Walt introducing the various Disneyland Lands.
* Golden Horseshoe Revue
* Country Bear Jamboree

The Soundtrack CDs include:

* Mary Poppins
* Aladdin
* Alice in Wonderland
* Bambi

There are TONS of soundtracks - the titles above are "retired,"or "no longer available in stores."

I will have a full title list posted as soon as it is finalized. If you happen to visit the park this weekend, know that many of the titles you may see on the system are not actually available, including most of the WDW titles.

When I got to the park this afternoon, the kiosk had already broken down for the day, so I could not listen to the songs.

An update is planned for January, with more titles to be added.

AVP

innerSpaceman
10-15-2003, 07:24 PM
So, um, how much are these newfangled, rejiggered Disneyland Forever CDs? Usual outrageous $20?

zapppop
10-15-2003, 07:24 PM
A new Hailey Mills compilation is also available.
I saw 2 of the kiosks today w/ the new material.
Things at Disneyland just keep gettin' better!
:)

zapppop
10-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
So, um, how much are these newfangled, rejiggered Disneyland Forever CDs? Usual outrageous $20?

They're $15.99

TheatreTech
10-15-2003, 09:38 PM
Where are the kiosks at?:)

Uncle Dick
10-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by TheatreTech
Where are the kiosks at?:)
The 20th Century Music Shop, on Main Street between the Cinema and the Magic Shop.

The reinstatement of the DL Forever system is a spectacular decision. When pin trading took over the Premiere Shop, I was sure that it was gone for good. Guess it's time to start buying merchandise at Disneyland again.

Polar33
10-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Although I'm glad to see it back and I can't wait to check it out, I'm a little sad to see that the "select your own tracks" aspect to it is gone. Most of the fun for me was to make the CD excatly how I wanted it. I never really understood why they had the option to buy a CD with pre-selected tracks. It just made it a more expensive version of what was already sitting on the shelf.

I am definately glad to see it return however. I thought it was done for when I was in there a few weeks ago and the machines were completely gone.

merlinjones
10-15-2003, 11:27 PM
Wow. It sounds like they are uploading alot of the classic out-of-print Disneyland/Vista LP material! I'm impressed.

Lashbear
10-15-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Wow. It sounds like they are uploading alot of the classic out-of-print Disneyland/Vista LP material! I'm impressed.
This is scary... two things in one day that have impressed merlinjones.... (The other being the White Paint for Space Mountain) what is Disney THINKING ??? ;)

...Maybe it WAS Cynthia that was holding things back ?

cstephens
10-16-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Polar33
Although I'm glad to see it back and I can't wait to check it out, I'm a little sad to see that the "select your own tracks" aspect to it is gone.

That's how I feel as well. I'm glad there'll be something there, but I did also like being able to pick exactly what I wanted.

I'll have to see it for myself before I have a more definite opinion.

merlinjones
10-16-2003, 06:38 AM
I'm really excited about the possibilties here.

If anyone gets a full list of titles available, please post!

A Hayley compilation sounds great! More Annette too?

I hope they have The Parent Trap and Babes in Toyland soundtracks, the Camarata/Darlene Alice LP and the instrumental Saludos Amigos LP on there!

AVP
10-16-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Wow. It sounds like they are uploading alot of the classic out-of-print Disneyland/Vista LP material! That's exactly what they are doing, and there is more to come. I didn't get a complete track / title list because 1) the system was broken when I was there and 2) the CM said that some of what I could see wasn't going to be available.

They are supposed to have the complete, final offering up sometime next week. (And more in January!) There are a lot of kids titles, including the out-of-print Mousercize.

But I agree about the loss of the "make your own" CD feature. I wish they could have kept both.

AVP

Gemini Cricket
10-16-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by AVP
The DL attraction CDs include:

* America Sings
* The Enchanted Tiki Room (No word yet if the Offenbach number is included) This CD also includes the Jungle Cruise narration.
* Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (This is an odd one - there appears to be no music on it, just speeches)
* Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland - these are recordings of Walt introducing the various Disneyland Lands.
* Golden Horseshoe Revue
* Country Bear Jamboree

The Soundtrack CDs include:

* Mary Poppins
* Aladdin
* Alice in Wonderland
* Bambi

[spoken with Captain Kirk-esque voice]
Must. Have. These. All. Of. These.
[/spoken with Captain Kirk-esque voice]
:fez:

Disneyphile
10-16-2003, 09:40 AM
Dude!!!! I can finally have a soundtrack to America Sings!!!! Now, all I need to do is put it in a walkman and ride Splash Mountain. It'll be like the early 80's all over again! :D

Demigod121
10-16-2003, 07:45 PM
Hey. Gemini. Don't. Make. Fun of. My. Favorite. Starfleet. Captain.

It's totally illogical. :p

-Demigod

AVP
10-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Demigod121
It's totally illogical. :p And unpossible.

AVP

Demigod121
10-16-2003, 08:03 PM
<insert star trek fight theme music here>

-Demigod

merlinjones
10-17-2003, 04:56 PM
At the following site Disneyland Records champion Randy Thornton gives details about this program and the initial lineup of classic LP titles:

http://www.magicmusic.net/discuss/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1084;sta rt=0