PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Disneyland Resort Grad Nite dates

AVP
10-20-2014, 09:14 PM

If you're planning a visit in May or June of 2015, be sure to consult this schedule of Grad Nite dates so you can plan appropriately.

May 13, 15, 16, 18, 26, 27, 29 and 30

June 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 12, 13, 17 and 19

For 2015, the event includes park-hopper access to both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks during regular operating hours, and a private party in Disney California Adventure from 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. after that park closes to "day guests."

Schools can choose to arrive whenever they wish during their Grad Nite event. Some arrive right at park opening to maximize their time, while others arrive later due to travel time or other activities. Based on reports from last year, the parks grow increasingly crowded as the day goes on and more students arrive. Grad Nites are often a good excuse to leave the theme parks early to take in a movie and a nice dinner in Downtown Disney.

Beware: Formal Grad Nites are not the only times that the Disneyland Resort is crowded with student groups. The last weeks of school are popular times for class trips, something that Disney actively encourages through special pricing and activities for school groups. Those visits won't appear on any calendar, but are a fact of Disney life during this season.

With so many schools on year-round calendars now, you should consider the period between March and mid-June as one big, hazy spring-break-into-graduation season. So while the Grad Nite calendar can give you an idea of when the most high school seniors will be on property, there is no way to know when a school district from central California is sending its 9th graders for their own promotion celebration.

bumblebeeonarose
10-21-2014, 07:40 AM
If you're planning a visit in May or June of 2015, be sure to consult this schedule of Grad Nite dates so you can plan appropriately.

May 13, 15, 16, 18, 26, 27, 29 and 30

June 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 12, 13, 17 and 19

Looks like May 19-May 25 is a good time to visit. That's a long space without any grad nights.

currence
10-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Looks like May 19-May 25 is a good time to visit. That's a long space without any grad nights.

Isn't that right around Memorial Weekend? If so, there may be fewer kids but more crowds. I would think they would skip grad nights around Memorial weekend because the parks regularly stay open so much later.

olegc
10-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Isn't that right around Memorial Weekend? If so, there may be fewer kids but more crowds. I would think they would skip grad nights around Memorial weekend because the parks regularly stay open so much later.

yes - memorial weekend is May 23-25 - and rumored 60 hr party for the 60th (they always do a summer kickoff party nowadays).

bumblebeeonarose
10-21-2014, 08:37 PM
We only need 3 or 4 days, so that time frame could still work for us; the 19th is a Tuesday. I just need to wait and see when the 60th festivities start up. Grad nights aren't too bad, we've been through them before. But, they do require some diligence in planning. Other kids will be there with school groups during that time I'm sure, but they are usually younger, like 5th or 8th grade, and more likely to be accompanied by an adult. We've honestly never had a trip "ruined" by any other guest, and crowds are part of the experience. But, it's always nice to visit when the crowds are lighter.

disneynut
10-28-2014, 07:38 AM
I was surprised when we got the paperwork for my son's senior trip. They are spending the day at Disneyland (5/21) and the actual grad night at Magic Mountain. So just be aware that even though the park may not be closing early for grad nights, there still may be a lot of kids in the park during the non grad night days.