PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland president replaced by cruise line chief - AP, 10/14/03

Darkbeer
10-15-2003, 12:32 AM
Disneyland president replaced by cruise line chief (http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/7014130.htm) - AP. 10/14/03

QuikQuote: Cynthia Harriss resigned as president of the Disneyland Resort and was replaced by Matt Ouimet, who oversaw the successful launch of the Disney Cruise Line, the company said Tuesday.
Harriss, who has spent 11 years with Disney in various positions, said she decided to step down for personal reasons as Disneyland prepares for its 50th anniversary in 2005.

Klutch
10-15-2003, 05:42 AM
Although I've never met Ms. Harriss, all accounts I've heard indicate she is a genuinely nice and charming person. I suspect the accident at Big Thunder Mountain was extremely difficult for her and likely convinced her to move on. Yeah, there may have been some outside pressure. I wish Ms. Harriss well.

Freerider127
10-15-2003, 02:59 PM
I personally feel that it was probably a smart idea for her to step out because she has been there for 11 years with a good run and wants to probably keep it that way. With all the bad things going on especially Big Thunder, if she steps out now she will not get all the heat about what happened.

merlinjones
10-15-2003, 04:05 PM
>>Disneyland president replaced by cruise line chief <<

When I first scanned this headline, I read it as: "Disneyland president replaced by cruise line chef"!

Well, that might help the sugar-frosted Tomorrowland pizza anyway...:)