PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving or Christmas?

averagecuppajoe
10-14-2003, 03:39 PM
I plan on visiting for the full 5 day break either Thanksgiving or Christmas. (With the wife and two toddlers.)
I've been to Tokyo DL several years ago on Thanksgiving, not busy at all. I've been to DL the weekend after Christmas and the weekend of New Years, but never on the actual holiday. I haven't experienced any insanity, yet. I did get completely rained out two years ago, on New Year's weekend and that was miserable. (From open to close, only 45 dry minutes.)
Recommendations, please?

tod
10-15-2003, 10:18 AM
The problem is (or will be) that it'll be busy as all get-out the day after the holiday. The long weekend after Thanksgiving and the week between Christmas and New Year's are both crowded madhouses.

I would try to get in as much time before the holiday as possible.

--T
:fez:

disguy
10-15-2003, 10:41 AM
The Wednesday before Thanks Giving is not as crowded as the rest of the weekend is. We found Friday to be packed when we went! Still, it was a lot of fun being there on a Holiday such as that. To me anything is better then going from house to house for Thanks Giving dinner!

I'm not sure I would have the stregth and enough advil to go during Christmas though.

merlinjones
10-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Hey, don't you mean Fall Holiday and Winter Holiday? ;)