PDA

View Full Version : Creepy Cruise Parks Blog Meetup today Oct 7th

olegc
10-07-2014, 11:05 AM
I was wondering if anyone else on the pad was able to get tickets to this special event tonight. I was lucky to get in and will be coming with my wife and son (the last one in the house!). Should be kind of fun (like last year's Trick or Treat Train).

stan4d_steph
10-13-2014, 01:03 PM
How was it?

olegc
10-13-2014, 01:33 PM
so the event was definitely different and a little fun but way too short. The Parks Blog has a brief write up of what happened overall. (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/10/fans-show-their-spooky-disney-side-aboard-the-disney-parks-blog-creepy-cruise-meet-up/) Basically we checked in starting at 815pm, were led slowly to a blocked off area of frontierland starting at 845, and then by 930pm the cruise got underway along a foggy-mist covered Rivers of America. It was supposed to start at 9 but it took so long to get folks walked from the front gate to the dock of columbia that we got a late start. and the even ended at 1030pm. After the short cruise (one time around ) we got off the ship and were able to ride Big Thunder, indulge in many of the Jolly Holiday fall treats, soft drinks, coffee, or hot chocolate, and take photos either with a combination of characters in costume. To close the evening we were allowed to go on a mini trick or treat trail through Zocalo Park and as we exited we received a gidt of Haunted Mansion tombstone coasters (I guess they have a ton of those left over).

As regular guests were still leaving the park we were first greeted by the comedic scarecrow before being corralled into the Columbia/Twain dock area. The ship was actually up river and with spooky lights. Once the ship started making its way to the dock it set off its canon once and then Erin from the Parks Blog came out to launch the event. Many folks came in costumes. Erin explained that this trip would be filled with ghosts of Disneyland past and we would have a fun and unique cruise. We were led onto the ship and it got REALLY crowded. The presentation of Father and past attraction "ghosts" of Miss Halloween (main st), Can Can girl (frontierland), Tahitian Terrace girl (adventureland), Kid in the Kingdom (tomorrowland), and the deputy Mayor of Toontown was quirky and had some fun insider one-liner jokes. THe Cadaver Dans performed three songs. It was hard to see since so many people were no the ship and there was no riser for the performers (safety issue of course).

When we docked again we went straight to big thunder since my wife and son had not been on it since the new additions were installed - and of course they really enjoyed it. We then hit the treats which included the pumpkin cheesecake, raspberry macaron, caramel eclair, smore's bar, mickey bat cookie, and I think a couple of others. I enjoyed them all but my son was a fan of only a couple. The scarecrow continued to entertain but he was facing the entrance of frontierland and so not in a position to interact with most of the guests. We went to get some pictures and missed out on having all four characters in one shot (donald and goofy left early but they opened; mickey and minnie were left). So then we hit the villains for one or two shots - and I will see about posting them later. Cruella was a blast commenting on everyone's costume, appearance, or other topic she came up with (for my son it was "my word he seemed to pose rather quickly like it wasn't his first time, that's a little scary isn't it...". As we left we got quite a bit of candy and the gift (I already had the coasters so its re-gift time!). Walking down Main St. after park closing is always great - but with the big ol' winking mickey it was extra neat. The night ended around 1030 and of course others lingered longer and strolled out (as I read from other posts on twitter and facebook).

Overall the night went very fast but we waited so long to get in and set up. Its was 90 minutes of checkin and waiting n the dock and then 1 hour of cruise, ride, and treats. We took part in all of it, and there was not that much to do, but it just felt rushed. I know last year it was held on the same night but it was a Monday so I think Mickey's party was on - we were able to linger a lot longer (or it started earlier - one of the two). Overall I am glad that Disney can do these and am lucky I could get in with such a small audience size. I wonder what they will do for Holiday time if anything.

olegc
10-15-2014, 01:50 PM
here is the fashion lesson pic
http://www.mouseplanet.com/photos/data/500/medium/creepycruise_vogue.jpg