PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to Disneyland Cast Members from Cynthia Harriss

AVP
10-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Received from Disneyland Public Affairs:

Dear Fellow Cast Members:

Over the past few years, we’ve done some incredible things together with the Disneyland Resort expansion, and we are on the threshold of our most exciting milestone, the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland.

The next three years will be teeming with energy and enthusiasm, requiring the undivided commitment and attention of our team. With that in mind, it’s the right time for someone else to dedicate their time and efforts to leading the Resort to this historic celebration.

After an extraordinary 11 years with The Walt Disney Company -- six of them at the Happiest Place on Earth – I have made the decision to leave the Company. The times we live in today remind us that every day counts and I recognize that there is a small window of time to put my family and loved ones first. For me, that time is now.

It has been an honor and privilege to work at the Disneyland Resort and I’m proud of being a part of this team. Dear to me are the memories of our Cast Member family and the smiling faces of our Guests. Your love, care and compassion for this magical place, each other and our Guests is the legacy I’ll hold in my heart.

Matt Ouimet is a superb leader and someone I respect tremendously. He is the perfect person to carry Walt’s values and traditions forward during the exciting time ahead.

Warmly,

Cynthia