PDA

View Full Version : $50 Disneyland Resort tickets available during CHOC-Tober

AVP
10-02-2014, 09:52 PM
The 24th Annual CHOC Walk in the Park takes place at the Disneyland Resort before park hours on Sunday, October 12. This annual fundraiser for CHOC Children's – Children's Hospital of Orange County raised over $2 million in 2013, and organizers are looking to raise even more in 2014.

As the event draws closer, CHOC organizers have asked that we share details of the CHOC-Tober discount tickets available to walkers who participate in the 2014 CHOC Walk:

Present your CHOC Walk In the Park wristband to a Disneyland Resort Ticket Booth to purchase a special CHOC-Tober Disneyland Resort 1-Day Park Hopper ticket for $78 or a 1-Day 1-Park Ticket for $50 for use on this or your next trip to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park! A maximum of 5 tickets may be purchased per wristband. Offer valid on 10/12/2014. Tickets must be purchased on the day of the Walk and expire 11/7/2014.

This discount represents a savings of up to $46 off of a one-day ticket, and up to $72 off of a one-day park hopper ticket. Participants must raise a minimum of $50 for CHOC to receive the wristband and be eligible to purchase the tickets, but walkers can fundraise or make a personal donation to cover this amount. Even if you pay the $50 out of pocket to register one family member, a family of five could still save over $300 by participating. This discount is one of the best perks of the CHOC Walk, and we encourage you to take advantage of it if possible.

Team MousePlanet is back for our seventh consecutive year at the walk, and we invite all MousePlanet readers, friends, and family to join us (http://choc.convio.net/site/TR?team_id=2251&fr_id=1080&pg=team). Thanks to the efforts and generosity of our readers, Team MousePlanet has raised over $42,000 for CHOC through various events since 2008, including the annual CHOC Walk. We have over 60 walkers registered for the team so far this year, and they have already raised over $3000.

One of the best things about walking with Team MousePlanet is that we handle check-in for those who want us to do so. Instead of making you drive to Irvine the week before the race to collect your wristband and T-shirt, or paying the $10 shipping and handling charge, we can get your items for you. You only have to meet us in Downtown Disney the morning of the walk to collect your goodies, and then head right into Disneyland to start the walk.

The deadline to join Team MousePlanet and meet the $50 fundraising requirement in order for us to handle check-in for walkers is Tuesday, October 7. We still welcome those who register after this date, but they must handle their own check-in.

Are you ready to CHOC Walk with Team MousePlanet? It's easy to sign up—just visit the team website (http://choc.convio.net/site/TR?team_id=2251&fr_id=1080&pg=team).

http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/108768-1/CHOCWalk2-101510-avp.jpg

Disneyphile
10-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Can the tickets be used towards an AP monthly down-payment?

currence
10-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Can the tickets be used towards an AP monthly down-payment?

At least in the past the answer was yes, but only at face value - so there is little reason to buy them if you know the person is going to upgrade. Also, keep in mind that the ticket lines are CRAZY right after the CHOC walk, as a lot of people buy them to use the same day. Two or three years ago, we bought tickets for my in-laws to use later, but had to wait in the long lines as we had other plans for the rest of the day. I was sooooooo upset when they turned around and decided to upgrade them to annual passes since it made all my time in line essentially for naught.

Last year, we stayed and played in the park all day, and the ticket booth lines went down substantially as the day went on. If you are going to pick up tickets for your friends and are not in the park all day I would recommend waiting until later in the afternoon/evening.

Shortpix77
10-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Last year, we stayed and played in the park all day, and the ticket booth lines went down substantially as the day went on. If you are going to pick up tickets for your friends and are not in the park all day I would recommend waiting until later in the afternoon/evening.

Glad you said that; I was going to ask! Myself and three others need to buy a bunch of tickets, but no one needs them that day. We all have APs and are getting them for friends. I'll definitely wait until later on!