PDA

View Full Version : Disney updates and posts theme park rules at the Disneyland Resort

AVP
10-02-2014, 02:41 PM
A friendly Cast Member sent this information about a change you'll probably notice during your next visit to Walt Disney World or Disneyland. We've heard the signs mentioned below are already installed in some WDW locations.

Personally, I appreciate better communication of the park rules, but I do wish Disney would somehow tie that communication to the admission media or park maps, instead of signage. It just reminds me too much of teen years spent at Magic Mountain.

In an effort to make our park rules clearer and more consistent at Disney Parks worldwide, we’ve made some updates to existing rules. We are making them easier for Guests to find on our website and a selection of them will be available on signage at the parks’ entries. For a comprehensive review of Disney Parks Rules on or after September 24, please visit www.disneyland.com/parkrules (http://www.disneyland.com/parkrules) and www.disneyworld.com/parkrules (http://www.disneyworld.com/parkrules).

What changes have been made to park rules?
We’ve updated existing rules to make them clearer and more consistent across our parks worldwide. For example, the updated rules clarify that e-cigarettes, like traditional cigarettes, are allowed in designated smoking locations only and that adult supervision is required for children under the age of 14. We’ve also made the rules easier for Guests to find on our website and made a selection of them available on signs at park entry.

Why are the signs going up now?
We’re posting signs at park entry to make it easier for guests to find and access the park rules. This is consistent with the practice at our international sites.

What is on the signs?
The update includes the parks’ existing stance prohibiting weapons, allowing e-cigarettes in designated smoking areas only, the rules regarding inappropriate attire (including objectionable tattoos), and the requirement of adult supervision for children younger than 14 at the theme parks. The updates do not change prior Disney theme park rules, but rather reflect existing rules in a more clear and consistent manner that is easier for Guests to find and accessible to Guests at theme parks.

What will happen to someone who violates any of these park rules?
Our goal is for all Guests to have a safe and enjoyable experience in Disney Parks, and whenever possible, we will attempt to guide Guests and help them adhere to these rules. However, we reserve the right to deny admission, or to require a person to leave a park, without refund, liability or compensation, if the circumstances so require.

Will Guests be allowed to smoke e-cigarettes on Disney property?
For the safety and comfort of our Guests, smoking is allowed in designated smoking locations only; this includes traditional cigarettes as well as e-cigarettes.

http://mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/79238-1/CIMG1144.JPG

Disneyphile
10-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Personally, I appreciate better communication of the park rules, but I do wish Disney would somehow tie that communication to the admission media or park maps, instead of signage. It just reminds me too much of teen years spent at Magic Mountain.I think people will probably notice signs more than they'll read the maps or media in their own hands. Also, if handheld media is "lost", a guest can argue they weren't easily aware. Now, they can just tell them the moose signs out front should have told them the park is closed rules. ;)

adriennek
10-03-2014, 11:14 AM
So if they put up the signs does that mean that they're actually going to enforce the 'inappropriate' and 'objectionable' attire rule or is that "if someone else complains to us about it we might say something."?

disneyguy537
10-03-2014, 02:42 PM
I would be thrilled to see CMs and/or signs that enforce rules against line-jumping. Can't remember a trip ever when several times waiting in line I've seen other guests work their way up a line to "meet up" with others in their party. Even when our kids were in strollers, we would make sure that the stroller was parked, bathroom/water breaks were done, then we would all get in line together rather than send someone "ahead." How hard is that? I've asked CMs about it at City Hall and they are very uncomfortable dealing with that situation.

cstephens
10-03-2014, 07:05 PM
I would be thrilled to see CMs and/or signs that enforce rules against line-jumping.

OK, here's a dumb question. Is there a specific rule about that from Disney? I know I've seen signs at rides in other parks, but I don't know if that's a specific rule at a Disney park.

Janis and Aaron
10-04-2014, 10:07 AM
I would be thrilled to see CMs and/or signs that enforce rules against line-jumping. Can't remember a trip ever when several times waiting in line I've seen other guests work their way up a line to "meet up" with others in their party. Even when our kids were in strollers, we would make sure that the stroller was parked, bathroom/water breaks were done, then we would all get in line together rather than send someone "ahead." How hard is that? I've asked CMs about it at City Hall and they are very uncomfortable dealing with that situation.

Emergencies DO happen. I don't know if it "technically" qualifies as line jumping to rejoin your group in line, but I don't see anything ethically wrong with rejoining your group if you had to leave the line for a bathroom emergency or something. That's different from joining up to your group when you weren't with them in line to begin with (you were off doing something else when they got in line). Of course, the difficulty is knowing which people "excuse me"ing past you are just trying to gain an advantage, and which are legitimately rejoining their group. I choose to think generously.

candles71
10-04-2014, 10:23 AM
It happens. It will also depend on how long the line is. We always try to merge back at comfortable spots, a switchback with a chain perhaps, rather than the excuse me deal.
You also get the ones who shove their way in between your group at the line entrance. Sometimes, it is an honest merge situation, they didn't intentionally shove into your group, it just happened, in which case I tend to go with a majority rule, if the majority of our party is ahead of them, I say excuse me (I'm a mom, who chaperones a lot of field trips, my natural inclination is to bring up the rear counting kiddos as we go. ;)), my family is there. More of us are behind the one who landed in front, they will step aside. If you shoved your way in front of me, to the degree that I almost spilled my mocha, I am not telling you that your plan, that you are bragging to your friends about, to get a RSR FP, good for Noon, so you can ride it at night, won't work. :)

bumblebeeonarose
10-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Just a few Comments

"The following items may not be brought into the Parks: c. Strollers larger than 36”x 52” (92cm x 132cm)."

That's a BIG stroller, but I've seen some pretty big double joggers at the parks. These things are like the SUVs of strollers. It must be hard for a CM to turn people away.

"The following activities are not allowed: c. Engaging with other Guests or impeding the operation while posing as or portraying any character in costume."

I know this is really about adults dressing up as characters, BUT if you read the bold words, it appears to say that my son could not engage with me while wearing his Tigger costume.

AND "The following activities are not allowed: e. Feeding any animals in the park, including birds."

So stop littering people because you are feeding the birds and squirrels, and that is against the rules!

Last one
"a. We may photograph, film, videotape, record or otherwise reproduce the image and/or voice of any person who enters any Park and use the same for any purpose without payment to any person."

I thought this was interesting because a few years ago they specifically asked us if they could use pictures of our then 2 year old daughter meeting Mickey. We had to sign something allowing it. And they sent us a little present for doing so, a copy of the pictures and three copies (all the same) of a cool artwork of the Fab5 in 1920's outfits. I never saw the pictures online or anything, so my guess is they found better ones.

Janis and Aaron
10-05-2014, 06:56 AM
AND "The following activities are not allowed: e. Feeding any animals in the park, including birds."

Whenever I see the "don't feed the birds" sign over by Hungry Bear, "Feed the Birds" plays in my head...

candles71
10-05-2014, 06:38 PM
I think the general rule about photography covers them more for crowd shots than specific individual shots.

olegc
10-05-2014, 10:36 PM
"The following activities are not allowed: c. Engaging with other Guests or impeding the operation while posing as or portraying any character in costume.".

That's interesting based on the Cosplay in the parks thread elsewhere on this forum...

carolinakid
10-07-2014, 04:54 AM
I find it interesting how a recent survey I received after my latest visit asked if any behavior of the part of other guests had negatively affected my Disneyland experience. I've taken other surveys over the years but never recall being asked if other guests' actions had impacted my visit. Maybe Disneyland is receiving more comments/complaints about rude guests. I know the behavior of certain tour groups from other countries is a common cause for unhappiness/upset at Walt Disney World.

leota's necklace
10-07-2014, 07:54 AM
It wouldn't help me much; the behavior of other guests that is most likely to ruin my visit is Bad Parenting. So many people just being jerks to their kids out there.

bumblebeeonarose
10-08-2014, 07:43 AM
We've heard some inappropriate language at Disneyland lately. Unfortunately this just seems to be the way of the country right now. People use the language, look at our young kids, give a sheepish smile, and move on. Generally it's teens and young adults in small groups or pairs. I honestly think it's just become such a part of how they speak that they don't think about it until one of them points out the small kids all around.

We don't really encounter rude guests. I have occasionally seen confrontations with other people, but I think it generally takes two heated persons to make a confrontation. They are few and far between.

Disneyphile
10-08-2014, 12:08 PM
We've heard some inappropriate language at Disneyland lately. Unfortunately this just seems to be the way of the country right now. People use the language, look at our young kids, give a sheepish smile, and move on. That's appalling. :(

I totally admit that I swear like a sailor, but I know when and where it isn't appropriate - I consider my surroundings and company before I open my mouth. It's not that hard.