PDA

View Full Version : Will Disneyland Open Today?

Pages : [1] 2

pullmyfinger.com
09-11-2001, 07:28 AM
In the wake of the craziness occuring in NYC, I am wondering if Disneyland will open today? I hear that LAPD is on full tacticle alert. Any information? Please report here. Thanks.

Ralph Wiggum
09-11-2001, 07:33 AM
As extreme as it sounds I wouldnt be suprised considering they were targets for new years attacks this past year!!

Ralph Wiggum
09-11-2001, 07:35 AM
Just called Disneyland Guest relations....BOTH PARKS ARE CLOSED FOR THE DAY!!!!!

JRob2k1
09-11-2001, 07:36 AM
and according to other reports, all 4 parks at WDW have been closed due to precautionary matters.

I think they should because DL has been on a terrorist's list before...

thamnarestan
09-11-2001, 07:37 AM
This is terrible!

Disney has made the right decision. I wouldn't go into the park if they decided to open.

JRob2k1
09-11-2001, 07:38 AM
They did make the right decision

pullmyfinger.com
09-11-2001, 07:42 AM
...famous landmark today, ESPECIALLY in big city. I will NOT goto Angels game Thrusday as I ahve planned.

I have ALWAYS been concerned that Disney has no metal detectors, though, I have always liked the friendliness of the entry-way (vs the frisk job at 6 Flags).

This is a sad, sad, SAD day in American History. This is Pearl Harbor times 1000.

:(

yeo_foxe
09-11-2001, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by pullmyfinger.com
...famous landmark today, ESPECIALLY in big city. I will NOT goto Angels game Thrusday as I ahve planned.Drove by Angel Stadium at lunch.... It's closed. don't know if it'll open on thursday....

[Moderator's note: vB code fixed.]

Gregmh48
09-11-2001, 02:03 PM
I believe that the only other time Disneyland has closed unannounced was during the Yippie invasion in the 70s.

thamnarestan
09-11-2001, 02:21 PM
I just heard on the television that CNN is reporting explosions and gunfire in Afghanistan. Nobody is taking credit for it yet, but most of the talking heads are speculating that we are retaliatiing.

About the yippie incident- the park only closed early, which has happened before due to weather or other factors. But has the park ever not opened before, especially because of some international/national event? The park remained open after Walt's death. What about the Kennedy assassination?

Gregmh48
09-11-2001, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by thamnarestan
I just heard on the television that CNN is reporting explosions and gunfire in Afghanistan. Nobody is taking credit for it yet, but most of the talking heads are speculating that we are retaliatiing.

About the yippie incident- the park only closed early, which has happened before due to weather or other factors. But has the park ever not opened before, especially because of some international/national event? The park remained open after Walt's death. What about the Kennedy assassination?

I believe that I read the early entry people were allowed in the park for awhile before it was evacuated.

adriennek
09-11-2001, 02:38 PM
The bombings in Kabul are not new. There was a bomb explosion on Saturday there.

Adrienne K- who didn't read the LA Times Sunday edition until today, so it's fresh in my mind.

Ralph Wiggum
09-11-2001, 03:00 PM
Another weird conincidence....to day is 9/11 or in other words 911...I doubt it has anything to do with it but still kinda interesting!!

zapppop
09-11-2001, 03:23 PM
I was thinking the same thing Ralph.

By the way, Disneyland and California Adventure will reopen tomorrow at 10 AM

Rider
09-11-2001, 05:19 PM
Disneyland closed for JFK's death.

JRob2k1
09-11-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Rider
Disneyland closed for JFK's death.

but not for Walt's...

DisneylandKid
09-11-2001, 05:38 PM
I noticed the 911 thing too. :( IT is so terrible.

Lost Boy
09-11-2001, 06:46 PM
A decision was made to close down Disneyland the day Walt died, but the older members of the then Park Management decided that Walt would have wanted The Show To Go On, so they decided to remain open. However, the Disneyland Band and many, many cast members gathered around the flag in Town Square and played and sang "When You Wish Upon A Star" as the flage was lowered and then raised to Half Mast. Many Cast Members where openly crying and many guests did not know what had happened. When they found out they were also crying. I was a very sad day, as is today. The only other time Disneyland was closed was when JFK was assinnated. What can one say at a time like this.

God Bless the families of those on the planes that had no choice in thier fates. And to the families of those who perished in the Towers, and the surrounding buildings which aslo collapesed.

Mickey is crying today.

PirateoftheCaribbean
09-11-2001, 07:01 PM
True and utter tragedy. My workplace was closed for the day due to lack of business, so I've been on my computer and in front of the television watching VH1 (it is tuned to the Ch. 2 coverage of the tragedy). I've been sighing, crying, cringing, and moaning all day.:crying: My wife came home earlier and joined me. Truly a tragedy.

Originally posted by JRob2k1

When was this?

JRob2k1
09-11-2001, 07:05 PM
Remember a couple of years ago when they caught that guy at the Washington/Canada border? He had plans on terrorists acts upon things like the Space Needle, Disneyland, etc...It was going to be for the millenium!!

It was by concidence that they caught him too. We were lucky on that one!

Plus Im sure Disneyland has recieved "threats" in the past, being a national icon

Ralph Wiggum
09-11-2001, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by PirateoftheCaribbean

Originally posted by JRob2k1

When was this?

This past new years

On Dec 14 terrorists were apriehended at the borders and somehow we know that they were planning on attacking The Seattle Space Needle, Disneyland, and other spots.

PirateoftheCaribbean
09-11-2001, 07:08 PM
Thanks. That's news to me. How Terrible. Yes, We were very lucky!

JRob2k1
09-11-2001, 07:11 PM
I remmeber the story only because Disneyland was actually mentioned as a target for the terrorists...

Couldnt believe it when nothing happened....Even worse now when something actually happened

thamnarestan
09-11-2001, 07:41 PM
I applaud all your displays of patriotism, but shouldn't the American flag be flying at half-staff?

DisneylandKid
09-11-2001, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by thamnarestan
I applaud all your displays of patriotism, but shouldn't the American flag be flying at half-staff?
mine is...i know that they aren't flying in the same direction, but the wind pattern is strange...