PDA

View Full Version : Those unique moments at Disneyland

Nephythys
10-13-2003, 06:54 PM
After reading the thread today about things at DL that make you cry, I wanted to watch some of my video. I recently made a dvd of some of my footage from October 2001 and July 2003. As I type this I am watching Fantasmic. (I cry even now. That show is beyond amazing)

I noticed something that I wanted to mention- I think there has been a lot of negativity around lately and while I was watching the film I realized something- I have never been anywhere where I heard the spontaneous cheering, laughter, clapping, and sheer joy that I heard at DL during Fantasmic. Or Believe for that matter.

People stopped dead still in the middle of the sidewalks and you could see this enraptured look on their faces. The gasps of amazement when the fireworks go off. The oohs and aahs when the princesses appear. The cheering when Mickey triumphs over evil.

I can not imagine anything more fabulous and fun.

I remember walking through New Orleans Square during the second show of Fantasmic one night this July. It was during the finale and I was in the queue area of the Haunted Mansion. I was the only one there, and I took some great shot of the finale lights and fireworks dancing on the exterior of the Mansion. The CM on the steps was gazing just as lovingly at the show as I was. When I walked past her I said something about how wonderful it was and she said she just loved it. It doesn't matter if you are a guest or a CM- tha magic is so powerful- even for those who see it all the time.

There were only about 10 of us who got on the Mansion, it was like a private party.

Those magical intangible moments of joy. DL can never lose it's luster for me, not so long as there are moments like that.:D

rexfarms
10-13-2003, 07:31 PM
I was the only one there, and I took some great shot of the finale lights and fireworks dancing on the exterior of the Mansion.
I'd love to see these shots, I'm sure they are great!