PDA

View Full Version : Does anything at DL make you cry?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mrscoach
10-13-2003, 09:42 AM
Am I the only dork who cries at the end of Fantasmic, and during the parade of stars? Anything else move anyone to tears?
There's just something about sitting on that curb, watching the Fairy Godmothers from Sleeping Beauty dance around, holding my 4-year old son that moves me to tears every time. And of course, the feel-good Disney music doesn't hurt, either.:)

MammaSilva
10-13-2003, 09:46 AM
The opening notes to the EP will do it.....just standing in the Court of Angels and reflecting for a minute or two on all the blessings in my life will do it...watching Brandy talk to Mickey and the joy in her face when we walk thru the gates every single time will do it. Believe on occasion....there are more I'm sure..

Not Afraid
10-13-2003, 09:46 AM
Believe. Always and forever.

disguy
10-13-2003, 09:49 AM
When I see the snow fall around the castle after "Belive in Holiday Magic" :crying:

PapiBear
10-13-2003, 09:57 AM
Hearing "When You Wish Upon A Star" as I walk through Sleeping Beauty's Castle gets me every time. I don't think there's a more beautiful Disney song.

Black Pearl
10-13-2003, 10:00 AM
When I took my daughter there for the first time and the Mulan parade fascinated her. I cried. Like a big baby.:crying:

Mommy2NicknMax
10-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Seeing the castle for the first time did it for me. Believe got to me too. Also seeing my kids w/Mickey Mouse and my oldest son giving him a hug. Just thinking of that is making me all misty eyed right now.

I know for sure when I'm there in December and see the snow I'll cry. There's a contest (trip to DLR) a local TV station is running and they show this commercial w/Minnie Mouse and this little girl running down Main Street w/snow falling. I saw that and that's when I decided I HAVE to go. :D

merlinjones
10-13-2003, 10:05 AM
The good way:

TinkerBell and When You Wish Upon a Star during fireworks

Wonderful World of Color theme and clips during One Man's Dream

Battle Hymn of the Republic in Lincoln

Climax of Tiki Room

(Used to be: finale of AmericanJourneys in CircleVision)

The bad way:

Paintjob on Space Mountain

Submarine Lagoon

Site of Mary Blair murals

Observatron

Main entry to DCA

Mr. Wiggins
10-13-2003, 10:05 AM
>>Am I the only dork who cries at the end of Fantasmic?<<

Nope. Other heart-squeezers include hearing "When You Wish Upon a Star" when entering Fantasyland at night... seeing the first float of DL's Main Street Electrical Parade approach... often the fireworks' grand finale... and nearly always when reading the plaque while entering the Main Street tunnel.

tod
10-13-2003, 10:08 AM
The end of Believe! chokes me up the first few times I see it every year.

Tinker Bell flies over the castle. The children singing. "Where all your dreams come true..." BAM BAM BAM Mickey head!! The lead up to the coda "Ma-gic-in-the-starrrrrrrrrrrrrrs" the single comet streaking across the now-black sky. The voice, quiet, confident, "Remember -- just believe." -- and the sky goes white with flashing explosions.

Until I've seen it five or six times, I choke up every time.

That's what does it for me.

--T
:fez:

mrscoach
10-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Glad to know I'm not alone! One more thing that makes me cry - Soarin' Over California. I know, I know, it's in DCA, but when they zoom over the aircraft carrier, I can recognize the jet my Dad used to fly. And of course, Believe does it every time, especially with the snow. I've only been under the snow once, but was amazed at how quiet it got. Really cool.

fairytalelover
10-13-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by mrscoach
Am I the only dork who cries at the end of Fantasmic, and during the parade of stars? Anything else move anyone to tears?

OMG!! I can't believe there is somebody else out there who cries at Fantasmic!!!:eek:

I thought I was the only nerd who actually cried at this thing. I always have to try to cover it up so nobody sees me crying. I thought they would think that I have lost my mind.

The part that makes me cry EVERY TIME, is when the princesses come floating by dancing with their princes.

As soon as the song starts and I see them dancing, the waterworks start.
:crying:

Nephythys
10-13-2003, 10:50 AM
The Fantasmic Finale, actually, most of Fantasmic.
Believe
Standing on Main Street, looking towards the castle and taking in the fact that I am really there, in Disneyland.
Seeing the unfettered joy on my childrens faces.
Haunted Mansion, tears of happiness. God I love that ride.
Watching my daughter with the Princesses.
The opening chords of ELP. I also cried when they retired it and I thought my children would never see it, and I cried when it came back.
Soarin gets me too, at the end when you come in over DL at Christmas-

dsnylndmom
10-13-2003, 11:41 AM
The opening chords of ELP. I also cried when they retired it and I thought my children would never see it, and I cried when it came back. Oh God me too!!

I also cry at the end of Fantasmic!

I've been known to get misty-eyed just walking through the left tunnel:crying: on our first day almost every trip

When my son rode Screamin' the first time and was yelling "I DID IT I DID IT" as we went through the loop

Watching my kids clap and wave during the MSEP and hearing my little one tell me "Cinarella blew me a KISS"

Riding Matterhorn, Big Thunder and Space with the boys for the first time for each of them started the waterworks big time. Esp., on Big Thunder when my little one rode it with his arms up the WHOLE TIME!

Black Pearl
10-13-2003, 11:55 AM
When I took my daughter there for the first time and the Mulan parade fascinated her. I cried. Like a big baby.

.......Also, everytime I leave, glancing at the light in Walts apartment.

LSPoorEeyorick
10-13-2003, 12:52 PM
I always cry on Soarin', probably because I rode it the first weekend after my parents left when I moved to California. I identify with it as "my state," so I get misty.

I hate that I cry at PotS. I don't even like the parade that much. I think it might be the nostalgia and the music.

Disney Darlin'
10-13-2003, 02:47 PM
Fantasmic, always
Believe, depends where I'm sittin'
Soarin', the end over Disneyland at Christmas
and the only time I rode Pooh :crying: I miss my bears

fairytalelover
10-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Seeing a girl upchuck while we were standing in the line for Matterhorn this weekend. I was about to cry. Yuck!

spectromen
10-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Add me to the list of Fantasmic crybabies! In specific, it's the sight of Sorcerer Mickey appearing up top in front of the treehouse, and the music that crescendoes along with it. Other favorites:

-Celebration USA finale song "Livin' it Up in America"
-Lion King Celebration music and dove release at the end of the street show
-Former ending of Mr. Lincoln (Golden Dream)
-Former ending of American Journeys (God Bless America)
-One Man's Dream finale
-Just One Dream - if I concentrate hard enough on it and place myself with some of the people shown on the screen at that time
-Opening and closing fanfare of Electrical Parade
-VMCP "Christmas Ball" unit, when the song comes to the lyrics "And enjoy the beauty, all the joy and beauty that a Merry Christmas can bring...to...you"
-Final scene of America Sings when Sam the Eagle sings "Yankee Doodle always said..the past is just a song. Tomorrow will bring songs to you that come straight from the heart" (abridged) leading into Auld Lang Syne

specific enough? :)

rexfarms
10-13-2003, 04:21 PM
Where are the Blair murals in the park? I thought there are no more....

Rod's last few songs of the night.

Oh and tod, nice post of Believe, sent shivers down my spine, this only happens during great Disney events. ;)

Uncle Dick
10-13-2003, 04:28 PM
When Barrage performed Bolero, I laughed so hard I cried.

cemeinke
10-13-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
Where are the Blair murals in the park? I thought there are no more....

Rumor has it they are still there hiden beneath the facades of the new Tomorrowland.

disneyfreak168
10-13-2003, 05:44 PM
I'm a Fantasmic! crybaby too LMAO :D. It ALWAYS starts from when Sorcerer Mickey comes out and does his magic and then to the Finale. *sigh* pure disney magic :rolleyes:

sleepyjeff
10-13-2003, 07:53 PM
Do tears of helpless frustration when your four year old wants to go on It's a Small World(after all) for the 7th time in a row count?

Otherwise, because I live a thousand miles away, every time I exit DL for the last time............I get a little choked up:crying:

TruCinderella
10-13-2003, 08:09 PM
The beginning and end of EP- ONLY because it was the first place i worked as a cast member as parade control, 7 days in a row of the parade and each im i got all teary eyed :)