PDA

View Full Version : When are the remaining FantasyLand Dark rides going to be refurbed?

HeavenOnEarth
09-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Hey everyone...just curious as to when the remaining Dark Rides (PeterPan, Pinnocchio, Toad, SnowWhite) will be going through their upgrades? And I dont think it will take as long as Alice, because Alice had that whole outside fall safety thing.

Thanks

3Princesses1Prince
09-17-2014, 03:48 PM
I want to say they've all (except maybe Toad) have had refurbs in the last 5-6 years. Peter Pan may have been longer ago than that.

megzrg
09-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Keeping fingers crossed that Buzz Lightyear gets a refurb for the 60th.

candles71
09-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Buzz really needs some love. The lasers are all off from dropping and banging into the front. Also, our whole trip everyone's scores kept getting mixed up. With other cars and even flip flopped in the same one.

I did notice Pooh has a few added projections that weren't there before.

HeavenOnEarth
09-18-2014, 09:07 AM
I want to say they've all (except maybe Toad) have had refurbs in the last 5-6 years. Peter Pan may have been longer ago than that.

Let me clarify what I meant about refurb... The way Alice was recently done, and what Disney is saying what they want to do before the 60th Anniversary!

Thanks

olegc
09-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Let me clarify what I meant about refurb... The way Alice was recently done, and what Disney is saying what they want to do before the 60th Anniversary!

Thanks

Disney officially has not said anything. It was speculated and leaked by a couple of sites that a plan existed to plus the dark rides in Fantasyland. However, all of the budget ups and downs left that somewhat in the air. Now Alice was done - but its not known whether they knew they could get two birds with one stone by adding the new video elements it while adding the new vine supports (or vice versa). I don't think any official announcement has gone out for anything on the 60th except the logo and the contest. However, you'd think since they did Alice that others are in line. None of them appear on the official list - and since October 1st is the new fiscal year I bet there is a hold on any movement until after 10/1 and the new budgets kick in.

HeavenOnEarth
09-18-2014, 09:58 AM
Okay, thanks for the clarity. It would be sad to see Disney only preparing for thier 60th with only a new logo and a contest.

3Princesses1Prince
09-18-2014, 10:21 AM

Thanks

No wonder I was so confused. I tend to ignore the rumor mills.

olegc
09-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Okay, thanks for the clarity. It would be sad to see Disney only preparing for thier 60th with only a new logo and a contest.

I don't think that will be all - but in essence its all Blue Sky until things are announced. Fun to speculate but... and with Mary Niven now running Disneyland (she used to run DCA) that's a good thing.

HeavenOnEarth
09-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Okay...so it seems like Disney is closing the following attractions for a couple of days..

Snow White’s Scary Adventures • November 4th -November 5th
Pinocchio’s Daring Journey • November 4th -November 5th

Doesnt seem to be long enough to update or install the HD projections to enhance the ride like Alice

spectromen
09-22-2014, 07:38 AM
Defnitely not long enough. Maybe this is time for them to go in and walk the tracks to determine how long will be needed to install the upgrades.
Disneyland is notorious for rushing to complete things like this in time for anniversaries, so I wouldn't be surprised if the work kicks into high gear at the last minute.

DisneyGator
09-22-2014, 07:44 AM
It would just figure that the year I buy an AP, all of FL goes down for months to refurb the rides. I do believe Disney would hear from me quite loudly if that ends up being the case. I understand refurbs need to happen, but I seem to have bad luck in being at the parks when they do.

cstephens
09-22-2014, 10:22 AM
It would just figure that the year I buy an AP, all of FL goes down for months to refurb the rides. I do believe Disney would hear from me quite loudly if that ends up being the case. I understand refurbs need to happen, but I seem to have bad luck in being at the parks when they do.

If you buy the AP, it's with the understanding that rides will be down for maintenance. Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain were each down for about a year. No one, not APs, not day guests, are entitled to a refund because a ride is down during their visit. At least nowadays, there are many different places that you can read about rides being down, so you can have some knowledge in planning your visit. In the old days, you found out when a ride was down when you got to the park.

MadasaHatter
09-22-2014, 06:58 PM
I couldn't imagine that they would only need to shut them down one at a time....I also would think that they would be fairly quick as they don't have the safety issue that they did for ALICE....plus ALICE is a rather largish dark ride.....I think PAN, SNOW and TOAD are all pretty small......Of course I may be mad and will let you know my take on the whole situation after I attend the ride and then and only then will I be able to wager an edumacated guess.....

sjhanksaz
10-01-2014, 11:58 AM
I love the old dark rides, if they do some changes I hope they are not too bold or crazy

bumblebeeonarose
10-05-2014, 05:08 PM
I love the old dark rides, if they do some changes I hope they are not too bold or crazy

We really liked the updated Alice. I hope they do a good job on all of the rides. I think Pinocchio could definitely use some updating.