PDA

View Full Version : Mickey and Friends structure

davo
10-12-2003, 10:00 PM
I saw another thread about overnight parking in the structure and it reminded me of something. Isn't anybody the least bit concerned that the structure seems to be falling apart???? I remember when it first opened it was nice and level. When I drive through it know I feel like the George Clooney in The Perfect Storm. I'm sure somebody will say that a little "settling" is normal, but this is ridiculous. I wish I had a picture to show here. Regulars know what I am talking about.

Has Disney commented on this?????

Davo

Morrigoon
10-13-2003, 02:05 AM
That's odd, b/c I always remember there being some contouring.

Maybe it slows people down or could control heavy waterflow if that ever became an issue?

Then again, given the other structural issues the structure had (like the ramps separating from the main building?), perhaps yours is not an ureasonable thought.

mousey_girl
10-13-2003, 06:41 AM
My husband made an interesting comment recently. We were driving out of the structure and he asked who designed it. I told him and asked why. He said that the overall support design reminded him of the design of the Bay Bridge (before it collasped onto itself).

Guest_Control
10-13-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
My husband made an interesting comment recently. We were driving out of the structure and he asked who designed it. I told him and asked why. He said that the overall support design reminded him of the design of the Bay Bridge (before it collasped onto itself).
Argh, now you've scared me into parking at Timon for the rest of my natural life.

davo
10-13-2003, 10:04 AM
That's odd, b/c I always remember there being some contouring.

I don't believe the contouring was ever this severe. What scares me most is that there seems to be no pattern to it. Some sections aren't too bad while others are totally distorted.

Davo