PDA

View Full Version : New windows at Emporium on Main Street

cstephens
10-12-2003, 09:23 PM
They've changed the windows at the Emporium on Main Street. Immediately to the right of the entrance into the Emporium from Town Square (by the fire house), there are two windows for "Brother Bear" which include drawings, stills and maquettes of the two moose as well as a maquette of Koda on top of the person-transformed-into-a-bear. (Sorry, can't remember his name.) They're pretty cool to look at. Music from the film is also being played.

The next four windows are about Disney romances, which are actually windows we've seen in the past. The first window is from "Beauty and the Beast" with the title song playing as Belle and Beast are supposed to be dancing in the library. The second window is from "The Little Mermaid" with "Kiss the Girl" playing as Ariel and Eric are in the boat with Flounder nearby. The third window is from "Hercules" with "Go the Distance" playing as Hercules is with Meg seated at a fountain. The fourth window is from "Aladdin", with "A Whole New World" playing as Aladdin and Jasmine are taking their magic carpet ride.

I'm wondering now whether they're going to do real windows for "Brother Bear". I had been hoping so.

cemeinke
10-12-2003, 09:29 PM
The two Brother Bear windows just make me think that Disney's not very confident about this pic. Either that, or they're lost the folks that could put together such great window displays and decided to put up the ones they hadn't sold on Ebay yet.

disneyfreak168
10-12-2003, 09:30 PM
hey can someone post a photo of the window for Brother Bear? and the other windows? (Well I don't really mind the other windows, so you don't have to take pictures of those if you don't feel like it:) ) I'd like to see it in person but well I'm over 300 miles away from it;)

9oldmen
10-13-2003, 01:09 PM
The two Brother Bear windows just make me think that Disney's not very confident about this pic.

Not confidant? They are retheming the whole "Redwood Creek Challenge" area to the film. In fact, in the Emporium window display, there was even a little card, advertising this. It says it opens November 1st, the same day as the movie.

9oldmen
10-13-2003, 01:10 PM
Sorry, did I misspell "confident"?

Morrigoon
10-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Reusing old windows strikes me as a cheap solution.

innerSpaceman
10-13-2003, 02:13 PM
Cheap or not, "solution" is what I think they have in mind. I suspect that it has little to do with Brother Bear, and more to do with not bothering to create new windows for every movie release that comes down the pike.

This may not be as bad an idea as it seems; how long were those Treasure Planet windows left up??

Not Afraid
10-13-2003, 02:58 PM
When I was 3, the windows of the Emporium were the my favorite thing to look at before leaving. I distinctly remember the Jingle Book windows in 1967 - they were fascinating.

Brother Bear is not a fascinating set of windows. They are not scenes. They are a exibit of framed pictures related to the film and some other memorabilia.

These is NOT the windows I knew.