PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Carribbean soundtrack

TTFN92
09-14-2014, 01:09 PM
So, my son was listening to the Pirates soundtrack today. It's the one from the History of Disneyland collection so it is the entire ride. He likes the parts where we go down the hill :). When we are going down the hill you actually hear the water splash and it got me to wondering if we are listening to an audio version of water splashing while we are on the ride. Do they add the sound to enhance the ride or is it just added to the cd version? Does anyone know?

AVP
09-14-2014, 05:20 PM
So, my son was listening to the Pirates soundtrack today. It's the one from the History of Disneyland collection so it is the entire ride. He likes the parts where we go down the hill :). When we are going down the hill you actually hear the water splash and it got me to wondering if we are listening to an audio version of water splashing while we are on the ride. Do they add the sound to enhance the ride or is it just added to the cd version? Does anyone know?I think the industry term is "sweetening" a soundtrack, adding or removing noise, adding sound effects, or even vocals to a "live" performance. (Having been at dress rehearsals of live theme park and cruise line stage shows, there's a lot of pre-recorded vocals behind the live singers.) I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were sound effects added to the drops.

AVP

stan4d_steph
09-14-2014, 07:33 PM
So, my son was listening to the Pirates soundtrack today. It's the one from the History of Disneyland collection so it is the entire ride. He likes the parts where we go down the hill :). When we are going down the hill you actually hear the water splash and it got me to wondering if we are listening to an audio version of water splashing while we are on the ride. Do they add the sound to enhance the ride or is it just added to the cd version? Does anyone know?During the production of the album, ambient noises around the park were recorded and added to the music.

olegc
09-15-2014, 12:13 AM
During the production of the album, ambient noises around the park were recorded and added to the music.

that's what I remember as well from reading interviews with the compilers of the collection (can't recall the name right now).

TTFN92
09-15-2014, 09:02 AM
During the production of the album, ambient noises around the park were recorded and added to the music.

Thanks!