View Full Version : Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes

Pages : [1] 2

Niwel
10-11-2003, 08:18 AM
A travel channel premiere!!!!

Tuesday night, Oc t. 14 8 p.m. E/P

Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes
60 mins.

Off-limits locations include Walt Disney's personal apartment and the hiding place of the eternal lamp. Also: the top of Matterhorn Mountain.

Rating: TV-G

Release Year: 2003

It also includes DCA :)

justagrrl
10-11-2003, 08:36 AM
What is the "eternal lamp"?

ec7k2o
10-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Isn't it the light that is always on in Walt's apartment? :geek: I'm not sure. :|

Niwel
10-11-2003, 08:39 AM
Next time you come to the park, look up above the firehouse on Main Street -- that's Walt's Apartment. When Walt used to come to the park, the light would come on to let CMs know that Uncle Walt was around. After his death, they left it on all the time.
However, one time a CM turned the light off -- and it magically came back on:)

justagrrl
10-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Okay - that's what I was thinking but I just don't think I'd ever heard it referred to by that name and a quick search online didn't come up with anything using that phrase. Thanks for clarifying. :)

DopeyWife
10-13-2003, 08:04 AM
I'll have to try to remember to watch this tomorrow night.

Freerider127
10-13-2003, 03:35 PM
I can not wait to see it on the travel channel it seems like it will be pretty interesting. :D

Kevy Baby
10-14-2003, 01:07 PM
Finally, a chance to use the Remote Scheduling option on my TiVo!

RStar
10-14-2003, 03:20 PM
Is that 5pm on the west coast, or do they fix it on cable (Time Warner)?

Bill Catherall
10-14-2003, 03:22 PM
It's actually showing at 5pm and at 8pm on my Travel Channel. Check your local listings on tv.yahoo.com.

Freerider127
10-14-2003, 03:38 PM
Yah i checked my listings and its at 5pm and at 8pm tonight.:D

kawfeadikt
10-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Also airs October 18 (Saturday) at 11pm (Time Warner SoBay)

kawfeadikt
10-14-2003, 03:48 PM
Did a search in Yahoo for "Disney" for Time Warner, South Bay. Click on this link (http://search.tv.yahoo.com/tvtitlesearch?p=%2b{disney}+%2blineup%3aCA04980+%2 butn%3a1066175780/1067385380&s=-$s,utn&lineup=us_CA04980&range=14&title=disney&lineup_tz=America/Los_Angeles&sort=score&srch=true), type in 'disney' and hit return.

Presto, bunch of listings!

(sorry, I couldn't get the link to the search results to work right, so you have to do it manually)

averagecuppajoe
10-14-2003, 04:08 PM
I just found out that 244 channels and none of them are the Travel Channel.

Freerider127
10-14-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by averagecuppajoe
I just found out that 244 channels and none of them are the Travel Channel.
I am sure one of those channels has to be the Travel channel go online and look at Tvguide.com and see what they list for you. Travel channel I think is a pretty basic channel if you have 244 chanels you should have the travel channel.

Not Afraid
10-14-2003, 06:29 PM
We have DirTV and it's 277.

disguy
10-14-2003, 06:44 PM
It was pretty good...made me want to go back even though I just got back 2 days ago! :D

Lost Boy
10-14-2003, 08:17 PM
I just finsihed watching it. Nice piece of PR for the Company. What I found interesting was what was not shown/talked about. No mention at all of Big Thunder Mountain. Nothing shown of Tomorrowland except the entrance. No mention of Mickey's Toontown. And the quote at the end of guests gushing about the Park. The best one was "Nothing ever goes wrong at Disneyland".

The Parks looked wonderful. I wish it could look that good all the time. I beleive Lightship Entertainment does all the Disney Theme Park shows that I have ever seen on the Travel Channel. I wonder if it is owned by Disney. That would explaih why everything was looking so good.

It was a nice show, but it just didn't ring true.

Not Afraid
10-14-2003, 08:25 PM
Lost Boy, I concur with your analysis. I did want to add that:

The piece with Richard Sherman playing and singing the otiginal "It's a Small World" was GREAT!
The sound was mixed way too high so that I couldn't hear the commentary - especially while talking about Pirates.
I didn't notice that Toon Town was missing. :eek:

Overall, it was a fine fluff piece for people who don't know the parks. Not everyone has the knowledge that most of us on this board do, so it was probably appropriate.

Not a geek piece at all.

Lost Boy
10-14-2003, 08:31 PM
I agree about the Richard Sherman peice, but why didn't they at least make mention that this piano was the very same piano that he and his brother played Mary Poppins (and other songs) on and that it can be seen in the replica of Walt's Office that remains at Disneyland. They did not even mention Toon Town once. They did not mention Space Mountain once. The showed and talked a lot about the Matterhorn and a little about Splash. The didn't mention Fantasmic! which is considered one of the most techologicaly advanced shows in the world.

It was not a geek piece. I agree. It was fluff. But, with all my heart, I wish that "Fluff" was there every day.

cemeinke
10-14-2003, 08:44 PM
The thing that struck me was, how well Disneyland photographs. I guess that's why the couple who talked about how great Screamin' is, was filmed on Main Street ;)

Fluff to be sure, but the visuals were nice

Freerider127
10-14-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
I just finsihed watching it. Nice piece of PR for the Company. What I found interesting was what was not shown/talked about. No mention at all of Big Thunder Mountain. Nothing shown of Tomorrowland except the entrance. No mention of Mickey's Toontown. And the quote at the end of guests gushing about the Park. The best one was "Nothing ever goes wrong at Disneyland".

The Parks looked wonderful. I wish it could look that good all the time. I beleive Lightship Entertainment does all the Disney Theme Park shows that I have ever seen on the Travel Channel. I wonder if it is owned by Disney. That would explaih why everything was looking so good.

It was a nice show, but it just didn't ring true.

I agree with you there really was no mention of Big Thunder, Space, Splash, and Fantasmic. I mean they talked more about Winnie The Pooh then the Madderhorn. I liked the part about club 33 but they should of gone more in depth with it. They made DCA sound really good which is kind of false. I think the show should of gone more in depth on the big attractions and more about the behind the scenes of those attractions and more interesting and secret things about the park that you would not normally know.

Lashbear
10-14-2003, 08:56 PM
The only thing about living in Australia is that it sucks that we don't get these programs over here :( :( :(

Pat-n-Eil
10-14-2003, 08:56 PM
I think the show should of gone more in depth on the big attractions and more about the behind the scenes of those attractions and more interesting and secret things about the park that you would not normally know.

I agree completely - after all, the title of the show was "Secrets".

swtkissez
10-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Freerider127
They made DCA sound really good which is kind of false.

*cough, opinion, cough*