PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Fall menu to debut at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe

AVP
09-04-2014, 12:07 PM
A friend sent over a copy of the new seasonal fall menu for the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe at Disneyland, and it looks fantastic. We'll have pricing and photos in Monday's Update.

Sandwiches and salads - join the current menu

Pastrami Reuben Sandwich (Warm)
Rye Bread, Pastrami, Swiss Cheese, Sauerkraut, House Sauce

Roast Beef & Manchego (Cold)
French Baguette, Roast Beef, Arugula, Pickled Red Onion, Tomato, Manchego Cheese, Whole Grain Mustard Aioli

Chicken Waldorf Sandwich (Cold)
Brioche Bun, Chicken Breast, Green Apple, Celery, Craisins, Mango Chutney

Mediterranean Chicken Salad (Cold)
Lettuce Mix, Grilled Chicken, Cucumber, Calamata Olives, Tomato, Red Bell Pepper, Pepperoncini, Feta Cheese, Balsamic Vinaigrette

Baked goods and desserts

Spiced Bundt Cake
Spiced Bundt Cake topped with a Cream Cheese Glaze and a Candied Orange Rind.

Chocolate Brownie

Caramel Éclair
Traditional Éclair filled with Caramel Pastry Cream

Chocolate Peanut Butter Whoopie Pie
Peanut butter filled whoopie pie with peanut butter chocolate drizzle.

S’mores Bar
Chocolate Tart filled with Caramel Chocolate Ganache topped with Graham Crackers, and Toasted Marshmallow Fluff

Maple Crème Brulee
Maple Crème Brulee in a Tart Shell

Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cheesecake with a spiced whipped topping.

Red Velvet Cupcake
Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Strawberry Chocolate Shavings

Pumpkin Muffin
Freshly Baked Pumpkin Muffin with Crème Cheese filling

Mickey Shaped French Macaron - Chocolate Hazelnut
Hazelnut French Macaron filled with Chocolate Nutella Mousse

Mickey Shaped French Macaron - Raspberry Rose
Raspberry French Macaron filled with Raspberry Mousse

AdoraNora
09-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Pumpkin CHEESECAKE! I can not wait to try it. So excited to be getting to go for the Dapper Day Folly & even more importantly Halloween Time on my birthday weekend. Now to find out they are going to have my fave pumpkin cheesecake. I feel like I've won some kind of lotto. :);) :D:~D:geek:

Disneyphile
09-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Maple Crème Brulee in a Tart Shell*drool*

AnotherJenny
09-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Is that pastrami sandwich different than the one that's currently on the menu? I'm glad they're bringing back a chicken salad, but I'm not sure that one is for me. I almost never get desserts at Jolly Holiday, but I think I see two that I might need to try.

TTFN92
09-04-2014, 01:25 PM
None of the food items sound good unfortunately I love crème brulé but I had the maple one at WDW and wasn't a fan so I probably wouldn't like this either. Plus, why is it in a shell? I wonder if the raspberry macaron will have real raspberries like the last one. That one was so good!

eabaldwin
09-04-2014, 01:52 PM
All those desserts sound delicious! I want to try the pumpkin muffin, pumpkin cheesecake, and the maple creme brûlée. Sounds like I'll have to forgo my corn dog so I can just have desserts!

cstephens
09-04-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm hoping the pumpkin muffin isn't 3/4 filled with raisins like the pumpkin loaf at the bakery used to be.

tea4two
09-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Is that pastrami sandwich different than the one that's currently on the menu?..

I hope not. The one that has been on the menu is seriously disappointing.

olegc
09-04-2014, 10:12 PM
I must saw the pics of the macaroons with - what looks to me like - a finger smear of color just makes me shudder a little. I am sure its a brush - but stilll....

TTFN92
09-04-2014, 10:23 PM
I must saw the pics of the macaroons with - what looks to me like - a finger smear of color just makes me shudder a little. I am sure its a brush - but stilll....

It's definitely a brush and is glitter. It's one of those things that's supposed to look all modern and cool but I don't really get it. I like to watch cooking shows liked Chopped, and they always do those smear things on the plates. I don't think it looks good but doesn't bother me.

Silvercat
09-05-2014, 01:25 AM
All those desserts sound delicious! I want to try the pumpkin muffin, pumpkin cheesecake, and the maple creme brûlée. Sounds like I'll have to forgo my corn dog so I can just have desserts!

Can I have your corn dog then please? Nom, nom, nom! :fez:

Seriously, we are counting down to our first visit to DL at the end of October, and as DH is the world's biggest pumpkin spice fan, (bleurgh, just my opinion!), he is really excited to be able to try the DL options. Me? It's all about the corn dogs! We don't get these in the UK, so I can't wait to get my hungry little mitts on the DL version!

MadasaHatter
09-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Tell me they still have the Matterhorn Macaroons......and do they sell the Matterhorn Macaroons in DTD at the Marceline Bakery???

olegc
09-05-2014, 08:47 AM
It's definitely a brush and is glitter. It's one of those things that's supposed to look all modern and cool but I don't really get it. I like to watch cooking shows liked Chopped, and they always do those smear things on the plates. I don't think it looks good but doesn't bother me.

i watch them all too (though TopChef is a fave). I have never understood the smear. Always looks like someone stepped in a dog's gift and slipped.

olegc
09-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Tell me they still have the Matterhorn Macaroons......and do they sell the Matterhorn Macaroons in DTD at the Marceline Bakery???

while I did not go in the bakery I know that over the seasons past they still always had the Matterhorn Macaroons. However, I have never seen them in the DTD Candy Store (Marceline's) - not really a bakery.

MadasaHatter
09-05-2014, 08:51 AM
I was afraid of that olegc but thanks for the update....I was thinking that Marceline was candy focused but was hoping I was wrong.....I like dessert A LOT but not so much candy......darn.......

olegc
09-05-2014, 09:04 AM
I was afraid of that olegc but thanks for the update....I was thinking that Marceline was candy focused but was hoping I was wrong.....I like dessert A LOT but not so much candy......darn.......

just for complete info - they do offer cookies, etc. Similar to Candy Palace on Main St. but no true baked goods like the bakery.

Gone2Disneyland
09-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Is that pastrami sandwich different than the one that's currently on the menu? I'm glad they're bringing back a chicken salad, but I'm not sure that one is for me. I almost never get desserts at Jolly Holiday, but I think I see two that I might need to try.

I tried the Pastrami Reuben two weeks ago and didn't mind it. Mind you, I was really hungry. :)

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa437/TPadDay14Me/10597376_282845371919807_10135388_n_zps3bf635ad.jp g (http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/TPadDay14Me/media/10597376_282845371919807_10135388_n_zps3bf635ad.jp g.html)

Jolie
09-05-2014, 05:24 PM
I tried the Pastrami Reuben two weeks ago and didn't mind it. Mind you, I was really hungry.

I tried this last weekend and yours looks so much better than the one I was served! Mine seemed like the bread had been toasted in a toaster and the sandwich assembled without ever seeing a grill. It was very dry. I'm hoping for a return of the muffuletta sandwich at the French Market.

cheshirecatgirl
09-24-2014, 09:20 PM
I tried a few things this past weekend. The pumpkin muffin is good, but alas full of raisins, which I hate. Worse, they used golden raisins, so you couldn't even see them at first! Also, it is not filled with cream cheese frosting, just a dollop on top. If they left out the raisins, it would be excellent.

I also tried the chocolate peanut butter whoopie pie, ohhhh so good! The filling is like a peanut butter pie filling. I thought it was the best of the things I tried.

Pumpkin cheesecake. Very good!

Spiced bundt cake. Also very good. A rather dense texture and the glaze went down into the center of the cake as well. Good flavor!