PDA

View Full Version : Fav. place to view ELP?

Cinderella
10-10-2003, 03:39 PM
I haven't been to DL since DCA opened up. I am looking forward to sharing the Electrical Light Parade with my kids. It's a fond memory of mine.

My favorite part of the parade was the 'people watching parade' 30 minutes before the actual one. But I'm not fond of the masses of people who invade your space once the start time draws near.

Any specific spots (specifically around Paradise Pier) you'd recommend to 'camp out' before the parade?

Cinder

ps: Send positive vibes my way that they actually have it on Friday the 24th.

merlinjones
10-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Main Street USA or area between Alice and Snow White Grotto.

innerSpaceman
10-10-2003, 04:12 PM
A little further south (or north) then that. Specifically, in the hub on the tomorrowland side. You get a Castle backdrop, can see the parade coming and going from lots of angles, cause the street is curved in this area.

Oh, and bring your time machine.

merlinjones
10-10-2003, 04:17 PM
Even better, take the Skyway and fly over the twinkling light parade. Too cool!

Doodle Duck
10-10-2003, 04:19 PM
At the Hub...On the LAST night of the Parade EVER...it never returned...no it never returned...and its fate is still unknown...

LFuzzy
10-10-2003, 05:33 PM
I will try to be a little more helpfull.
I can tell you the DEP (Disney's Electrical Parade) is scheduled for an 8pm show time. (Not the usual 8:45pm).
The parade follows the parade route (Duh), and Paradise Pier is not on that route. The closet point (to PP) is probably the Orange Stinger. That would be at the end of the route.
Good luck, and have a great time!

Cinderella
10-10-2003, 05:40 PM
You guys are aweful ;) I 'know' it no longer at DL! Gotta love the sarcasam here. You're mind kinda people!!

Anyhow... is the DEP still 'magical' even though it's been relocated??

Any ideas on where to stake our spot?

Cinder

ps: My fav spot was at the end of Main Street straight away just before the hub. The people watching was fabulously funny.

innerSpaceman
10-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Sorry, Cind, guess we couldn't resist. Oh, and by the by, it so bugs (at least me) when peeps call it the Electrical Light Parade. This is not a cardinal sin or anything, just a common misnomer that gets on purists' nerves.

It's (well now anyway) "Disney's Electrical Parade" which in itself is a travesty of 'The Main Street Electrical Parade.' Much as I love the parade, I have never really enjoyed it when seeing it in DCA.

Two of the views I do like, however, for their uniqueness - are the bird's eye view from the balcony of the Vineyard Room, and the long view of the parade from the opposite side of Paradise Bay.

Since you've let us taunt you, and now insult your knowledge of the parade's name, I figure I at least owe you a real answer to your question.

zapppop
10-10-2003, 08:06 PM
The word " light " was never in the title.

I like watching the Main Street Electrical Parade from It's A Small World

DisneyFan25863
10-10-2003, 09:19 PM
From the Main Street Train Station, watching it come down Main Street (works for fireworks also! :D)

Rick
10-11-2003, 08:39 AM
Main Street darn it!

Rick
10-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Main Street darn it!

EandCDad
10-11-2003, 08:58 AM
Just in case you want some more ideas on places to view the light parade, you can find some suggestions in:

This light parade thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19937)

this light parade thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20159)

or this light parade thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13848)

If you read them, you'll see that the jokes about the best viewing spot being in DL are common to this question, but you do get some actual answers mixed in.

Cinderella
10-11-2003, 04:40 PM
EandCDAd, Thanks for looking up those links for me. Not sure why I didn't think of it. Good suggestions found there.

And I think I've figured out why so many attach the word "light" after Electrical... maybe mixing it in their brains with the musical group Electrical Light Orchestra?

Didn't mean to offend any purists out there by calling it by the inproper title.

I too would rather watch it at DL, but will take what I can get this visit.

;)