PDA

View Full Version : Overnight in the Parking Structure

Bill Catherall
10-10-2003, 08:45 AM
I'm kind of curious what happens if you leave your car parked in the parking structure overnight. Does it get towed in the early morning hours? Do parking CMs strip it down and sell off the parts on Ebay? ;) Or do they just slap a ticket on the windshield and leave it there?

Not Afraid
10-10-2003, 08:47 AM
I've always wondered that myself. Can you be our Guinea Pig, Bill?

innerSpaceman
10-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I have GOT TO know the answer the this. I was sooooo tempted to leave my car in the structure overnight, after GayDay. I reeeallly would have liked feeling that I could have.

Now I want to know what happens if you do, so that I can either congratulate my wisdom and restraint or kick myself in the head.

HBTiggerFan
10-10-2003, 09:41 AM
In this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6376&highlight=parking+structure+overnight) Tabacco and Uncle Dick both discuss the parking situation. Tabacco says he's heard 3 days, UD says be careful.

;)

cryan71
10-10-2003, 09:43 AM
Here is what you have to do, since I have parked ovenight. I am not sure if there is a limit on how many days it can be parked without being towed.

1) Go to the guest services booth in the Plaza.

2) Tell them your car is broken down. Let them know exactly where your car is.

3) Have them inform:
a) Parking Services
b) Security

4) Be sure to get people's names who you have informed.

That's it.

Bill Catherall
10-10-2003, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the responses so far.

Here's the thing that got me curious. Tomorrow I'm driving down early in the morning. I plan to get there right around park opening. I have a hotel reservation, but can't check-in until 3:00pm. The hotel is near the parking structure (by AM/PM). So I need to park somewhere before check-in. I have a Premium AP so I can park for free in the structure.

Do I:

a) Park in the structure, then move my car to the hotel later when I check in (whether that's around 3pm or much much later, it will still be the same hassle). Then, Sunday morning when I return to the park, drive back to the parking structure to make my return trip home even easier (no having to return to the hotel to get my car).

b) Park in the hotel lot and just leave my car there all weekend. They don't charge for parking and they'll let me park before checking in. But I still have to go all the way back to the hotel to get my car when I leave the park on Sunday.

I'll probably go with option B, but then I got to thinking, I wonder what would happen if I just left my car in the structure. I probably won't risk it, but once curiosity set in I just had to find out.

GreatWhiteShark
10-10-2003, 01:07 PM
I often wonder about this myself. I was in a similar situation a few months back and thought the same thing.

I ended up just, going to get my car at around 6pm and then drove to the hotel across from DLR and checked in, then returned back to DL. All in all it only took me about 30 minutes to from start to finish.

I feel your pain Bill.

HBTiggerFan
10-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall

b) Park in the hotel lot and just leave my car there all weekend. They don't charge for parking and they'll let me park before checking in. But I still have to go all the way back to the hotel to get my car when I leave the park on Sunday.

I'll probably go with option B, but then I got to thinking, I wonder what would happen if I just left my car in the structure. I probably won't risk it, but once curiosity set in I just had to find out.

you forgot C

c) Park in the hotel lot and just leave my car there all weekend. They don't charge for parking and they'll let me park before checking in. But I still have to go all the way back to the hotel to get my car when I leave the park on Sunday. Ask someone who is leaving the park at the same time as you to drop you off at the hotel. If they have to leave the strucutre they would be coming out right at the AMPM light :D

SacTown Chronic
10-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
I'm kind of curious what happens if you leave your car parked in the parking structure overnight. Does it get towed in the early morning hours? Do parking CMs strip it down and sell off the parts on Ebay? ;) Or do they just slap a ticket on the windshield and leave it there?

It's actually Eisner that strips parts off the car and sells them. He leaves a note telling you that your car is in better shape and it's more enjoyable to drive now.

MickeyLumbo
10-10-2003, 06:08 PM
^^^ :D LOL, you made me pee my pants!:eek:

10-8
10-10-2003, 11:40 PM
Since the Mickey and Friends Structure is owned by the City of Anaheim (Disneyland leases and operates it) due to Munincipal code there is technically no overnight parking....however, everyone is quite understanding if there is a mechanical problem. As others have noted, inform Security (via the Guest Assistance Alarms) and we won't tow it. The only overnight vehicles we always "meet and greet" are RVs and Campers, as the city makes it very clear there is to be no overnight sleeping in the lots. Hope this helps!

DisneyFan25863
10-11-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by 10-8
Since the Mickey and Friends Structure is owned by the City of Anaheim (Disneyland leases and operates it) due to Munincipal code there is technically no overnight parking....however, everyone is quite understanding if there is a mechanical problem. As others have noted, inform Security (via the Guest Assistance Alarms) and we won't tow it. The only overnight vehicles we always "meet and greet" are RVs and Campers, as the city makes it very clear there is to be no overnight sleeping in the lots. Hope this helps!

Really? The lease it out? Why didn't they just, oh, I don't know, Pay for the whole thing when they bulit it?

disneylandia
10-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Really? The lease it out? Why didn't they just, oh, I don't know, Pay for the whole thing when they bulit it?

Probably because they don't own that land. At least that's what I've been told.

disneyfreak168
10-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by MickeyLumbo
^^^ :D LOL, you made me pee my pants!:eek:

whoa! :eek: ok! Thanks for sharing! LOL:D .

I think we should have a laughing smiley :)

but i have to admit, that *is* funny:rolleyes: :p

Bill Catherall
10-13-2003, 10:15 AM
Thanks 10-8. That's good info.

I ended up going with Option D. I parked at the hotel Saturday then drove my car to the M&F structure on Sunday. I didn't think of doing this until I checked in at the hotel. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my main question was about the overnight parking, regardless of my own parking situation. I just never thought about what would happen before.

RStar
10-13-2003, 11:32 AM
And here I thought those cars left overnight were all sold at a discount over at Company D!;)