PDA

View Full Version : GoH badge at DtD?

Pages : [1] 2

Cinderella
10-10-2003, 05:09 AM
Has anyone been seen the GOH badge at the WoD store at DD? My family will be able to shop there the day before going into the parks and wanted to get the badges at that time. If not avail there, then I'll go online to get them.

Would you suggest getting them for the parents too? I'm a kid at heart so it could be fun.

Also, wanted to thank all of you avid members for posting your thoughts and findings. Reading through the old threads has provided a wealth of information that I think will make our trip better than the average visitors.

I grew up in So.Cal and knew DL like the back of my hand. I live in No. Cal now and haven't been to the park in 10 years. I can't wait to see it through my kids eyes!! 10 days and counting....

Trina

ps: What attraction is DOS? Can't figure that acronymn out :rolleyes:

dgdisney
10-10-2003, 07:13 AM
We did not see the GoH badges in WoD - they were located inside Disneyland at the kiosk that you go by if you use the tunnel on your right to go under the train tracks.

I have two girls and had their badges made by the vacation planning folks so they would be at the hotel when we got there. I bought mine in the park. It was fun to have the badges and the CMs make a big effort to take notice of the children's names!

Have a great trip. I used to live in SoCal too - now living in Seattle we have to make an effort to see DL - but we sure try to at least once a year:D

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-10-2003, 07:40 AM
You could try to get a 1hr shopping pass for DL?

cstephens
10-10-2003, 07:41 AM
I didn't get to see it myself, but a friend mentioned that they're available in DCA as well, in the boardwalk shop. He said they have pink ones there, in keeping with this whole princess craze.

Cinderella
10-10-2003, 07:43 AM
Thank you dgdisney. I am going to get them ahead of time and have the CM at the gate 'present' them to them as the kids go through the security gate (read about that on a previous thread).
Been feeling the DL blues and so happy to get my 'fix' in a few days.

Cinderella
10-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Thanks Mickeyslittlehelper & cstephens.

Is it REALLY possible to get a 1 hour shopping pass? I think I'd want to get a pink GOH badge for my 5yo princess fan and a red one for son. Guess I'd have to find it at DCA.

What do I do to get a 1 hr shopping pass?

disneyboy7
10-10-2003, 07:59 AM
Hi,
Please indulge my curiosity. Some of these acronyms are escaping me. What is GoH?
THanks

Cinderella
10-10-2003, 08:04 AM
GOH = Guest of Honor pin/badge. They look like the Cast Member (CM) name badges, but are red instead of white. When the kids wear them the CM's go out of their way to mention their name when interacting.
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19506&highlight=guest+of+honor+pins

Kevy Baby
10-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Cinderella
Trina

ps: What attraction is DOS? Can't figure that acronymn out :rolleyes: Did anyone answer the question about what DOS is? Looked in the FAQ message covering this (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8117) but it didn't list DOS.

Pirate Girl
10-10-2003, 09:10 AM
Thanks Mickeyslittlehelper & cstephens.

Is it REALLY possible to get a 1 hour shopping pass? I think I'd want to get a pink GOH badge for my 5yo princess fan and a red one for son. Guess I'd have to find it at DCA.

What do I do to get a 1 hr shopping pass?

Yeah, just ask the CM at the ticket booth. It's pretty uncommon for people to ask for a shopping pass, so the CM will probably check with a lead. But what you have to do is actually buy the ticket and then they will refund your money when you return. So make sure you are back within the hour. I did this on my last trip with a friend who didn't have an AP because I wanted to show her Off the Page in DCA. It was great.

cstephens
10-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Kevy Baby
Did anyone answer the question about what DOS is? Looked in the FAQ message covering this (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8117) but it didn't list DOS.

Where are you getting the quoted message from? I can't find that text anywhere in this thread. Context would probably help answer your question.

Kevy Baby
10-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
Where are you getting the quoted message from? I can't find that text anywhere in this thread. Context would probably help answer your question. See the PS in the very first message in the thread. Where SHE got it from, I do not know. But it stirred my curiousity.

cstephens
10-10-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Kevy Baby
See the PS in the very first message in the thread. Where SHE got it from, I do not know. But it stirred my curiousity.

Oh, duh, sorry, I totally missed that. And I went through all of her posts too, though not very carefully apparently.

So, Cinderella, where are you getting that acronym from?

MonorailMan
10-10-2003, 12:13 PM
ps: What attraction is DOS? Can't figure that acronymn out :rolleyes:

Could be a typo'ed version of NOS. :)

Cinderella
10-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Ummm.... duuuhhh yeah I messed up it is NOS (must've confused it with computer dos :rolleyes: ).

Pushing my embarassment aside, I looked up NOS.
New Orleans Square for ya MP newbies (of which I am one of).

Cinder

TheatreTech
10-10-2003, 03:16 PM
Ummm.... duuuhhh yeah I messed up it is NOS (must've confused it with computer dos :rolleyes: ).

Pushing my embarassment aside, I looked up NOS.
New Orleans Square for ya MP newbies (of which I am one of).

Cinder

It took me awile to get that one too:p
I didn't know that the acronymns were posted in FAQs:|

EDIT: And I forgot to ask...What is the rule with nicknames on the tags. What if I wanted mine to say "Fish"----->It's a strange name and I don't remember how I got it.:cool:

Cinderella
10-10-2003, 03:24 PM
<<<thank you>>> for being patient with those of us new to the community.

I love Disneyland - always have. My excitment about my trip in 10 days is really building. A majority of it derived from gathing information from all the MP pros on the board.

Cinder

MonorailMan
10-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by TheatreTech
EDIT: And I forgot to ask...What is the rule with nicknames on the tags.

The default answer is , "I'm sorry, we can only do your real first name." Some (few) CMs will do it for you.

Personally, I think this rule is STUPID! Afterall, if I want a badge with "monoralman" (10 char. max), then I think I should. What's the difference? :confused:

adriennek
10-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Supposedly, the customizing machine in DCA (in a shop near Jumpin' Jellyfish) breaks less than the machine at DLR.

Cinderella: another option is to order your badges before your trip from MouseShoppe (http://www.MouseShoppe.com), and they can ship them to you so you'll have them ahead of time.

Disclaimer: I am not the Adrienne that owns MouseShoppe nor do I work for MouseShoppe.

Adrienne

DisneyFan25863
10-10-2003, 09:56 PM
I would love one that said "EsinerHatr"

Hey, I could change my name....:D

cstephens
10-11-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
I would love one that said "EsinerHatr"

Hey, I could change my name....:D

And that kind of thing is probably why they no longer allow anything other than proper names. I've got a couple of non-proper-name badges from several years ago, both of which are fairly harmless. I know of other people who have non-proper-name badges, all of which I recall are harmless as well. But I guess too many people tried to get away with too much, even going so far as to mispell a name to get it under the radar, so rather than letting individual CMs make a judgment call, they decided proper names only. Shame that the behaviour of some results in consequences for everyone else.

Cinderella - Hope you get your badges and that your family has a great time. And don't feel bad about not knowing some of the acronyms. We all had to learn. :)

Pirate Girl
10-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
The default answer is , "I'm sorry, we can only do your real first name." Some (few) CMs will do it for you.

Personally, I think this rule is STUPID! Afterall, if I want a badge with "monoralman" (10 char. max), then I think I should. What's the difference? :confused:

Just look them in the eye and ask [straight faced] if they seem to think that Monoralman is an unusual name, becuase you could always discuss it with management. :~D

P.s. I'm not the obnoxious kind of AP that runs to City Hall with every complaint (or any complaint, really) but you gotta admit, this would be funny.

disneyfreak168
10-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
Cinderella - Hope you get your badges and that your family has a great time. And don't feel bad about not knowing some of the acronyms. We all had to learn. :)
I know I did that's for sure. I felt like a stupid idiot:p

Pirate Girl
10-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by disneyfreak168
I know I did that's for sure. I felt like a stupid idiot:p

:fez: Totally. Sometimes I just gave up on post because I couldn't follow what anyone was saying.

cstephens
10-12-2003, 09:11 PM
For anyone who is interested, here's a picture (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/prin-name.jpg) of a blank Princess name tag. They can be personalized. There are also some pre-printed nametags available for about a dozen girls' names. These are available at Souvenir 66 (near the dinosaur sunglass shop) in DCA. We saw two pre-printed name ones at the kiosk in DL, so I don't know how many they normally have.