PDA

View Full Version : Soy Milk at DLR?

adriennek
10-09-2003, 06:04 PM
I have an odd question: Does anyone know if any of the food locations at DL or DCA sell soy milk?

Adrienne

DisneyFan25863
10-09-2003, 07:42 PM
I don't know about in the parks, but they *might* sell it at DLH :)

ftroop6
10-09-2003, 08:18 PM
I just checked with my vegan daughter and she said that she has not been able to find it anywhere in the parks. She was able to get some through the concierge at the GCH. It was vanilla flavor which isn't her favorite but anything in a pinch. It was also in a "drink box" size which was convenient.

cemeinke
10-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Never seen Soy, but I think I've seen Horchata at Zocalo - yeah I know, not the same - but I think that's as close as it gets.

adriennek
10-09-2003, 09:06 PM
ftroop6- thanks- my friend is staying at DLH. I'd like to think that if GCH could get it MAYBE DLH could. Did she ask at the concierge desk or was she staying on concierge level?

Adrienne

ftroop6
10-10-2003, 05:41 AM
She was staying on concierge level. But I bet any of the hotels would be able to accommodate her need. It seemed to be an item that they had readily available.

Oldtimer
10-10-2003, 09:05 AM
Hi again.

I am also a vegan and I haven't stayed at the DLR hotels to comment. Many of the eating places in and around the parks haven't given much thought to the Vegan visitors. Staying on the diet while there can be tricky as one CM will tell you for example the marinara sauce is ok and another will tell you in contains chicken broth.:confused:
At least the CM at The Tiki Room allowed me to read one of the packages for their non-dairy whip ( which sadly ISN'T vegan ).:crying:

Rainforrest used to be good but they have taken their best vegan item off of the menu as it doesnt sell well.

Last time we were down there for several days, I was assured that the chef at one place understood vegan and could whip something up; the food from that meal made me ill. (Soap Opera Bistro in DCA ).

It is one area where Disney still needs improvement; I have better luck in finding vegan food where I have vacationed in Mexico then I do in disney's parks. Until they do I usually pre-pack some meals and use the picnic area mostly.;)

Andrew
10-10-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Oldtimer
Rainforrest used to be good but they have taken their best vegan item off of the menu as it doesnt sell well.

Often a restaurant will still be able to prepare something that was once on the menu, if you ask for it specifically.

disneyboy7
10-10-2003, 09:46 AM
If you have a chance to go to a grocery store (Ralph's, Von's, etc), pick up some and keep it in your room. I'm taking Vitasoy with me (driving from Sacramento) as I'm lactose intolerant (severely so) and diabetic.