PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday

riding_big_thunder
10-09-2003, 06:51 AM
Hi, I've never been to Disneyland but I luv Disney world. Nxt yr we are gettin Haunted Mansion holiday, is it better than the original haunted mansion and wot's in it?

Mukta
10-09-2003, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't say that it is better than Haunted Mansion, but when you have been on the same ride numerous times, it is exciting to have something new.

They don't remove too much of the Haunted Mansion stuff, they mostly add on top of it.

Each year has been slightly different for us. Everything is diferrent including the spiel in the elevator. Instead of the stretching pictures, they have stretching scenes from the movie.

In the hallway, instead of the changing pictures we are used to, they have new changing pictures that relate to the movie.

I have not been on the Haunted Mansion in DW, so I can't give you an exact explanation, but I like the ride a lot.

TwinGemII
10-09-2003, 04:13 PM
I like the regular haunted Mansion and Nightmare Before Christmas theme equally. But considering that Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my all time favorites I wait every year for this attraction to come!

You'll love it!

Lost Boy
10-09-2003, 06:50 PM
The outside of the Mansion is covered over with a lot of Halloween decorations. A giant sleigh is on the roof with a list of all the naughty children spilling out and down the side. The wrought iron decorations around the crest of the roof all have pumkins that light up at night with faces carved in them. There is a huge clock over the entrance that runs all willy nilly. The railings are all hung in black funeral bunting. The hearse is full of Jack O Lanterns. Iinside, the story is completely changed. New music, new dialogu. The Stretching Room is completely different and no hanging man in the ceiling, but a giant Jack head laughing down at you. Pictures, decorations all different in the art gallery. The load area is all deocrated for Halloween. And from start to end, everything is added to in the ride itself. There is very little left from the original, and what is left is decorated to the hilt. There is just so much detail that is put in place it's hard to describe in words. You really have to see it to undertand it. But, it is worth it. And the nice thing is the Mansion is renewed every year as it's cleaned and freshened up. And new paint, and new figures. What's not to love.
And the same goes for It's A Small World Holiday Makeover. That one is just as fantastic as so much more is added to and over what's already there. Over a million Christmas lights on the outside, and all along Materhorn Way. And the music is different all through the ride. Jingle Bells and the Small World song are balanced so you hear a chourus or two of each. The last room has a different carol (who's name I cannot remember for the life of me) and it's all done to a bouncy beat. This is the only time of year I ride Small World. Well, not anymore since they redid the soundtrack back to the original. Now it's fantastic all the time, but Christmas Holiday is amazing.

Doodle Duck
10-09-2003, 10:45 PM
We both feel the HM overlay for 2003 far surpasses what has been in years past. REALLY nice job this year! OOgie BOOgie is on the A list!

mrscoach
10-10-2003, 07:37 AM
I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't love Haunted Mansion. Haunted Mansion Holiday, however, is my favorite attraction.
So for me, it makes all the difference!