PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Makeover Day-To-Day Update

Pages : [1] 2

pullmyfinger.com
09-10-2001, 05:44 PM
Hey...we're all excited about the Mansion Makeover. Let's use this section to report, perhaps on a daily basis, the activities surrounding what is happening at the Mansion leading up to Octboer 5.

Are the walls up? Any decorations? Any employees of mansion out there who can tell us what is going on inside? Have you seen the ride, heard any audion sample, seen any audion-animatronics in storage behind the scenes? If yes to any of these, please tell us what you've seen/heard!

I tell you, if Disney does HALF the job of what they did with Small World Holiday, Mansion Xmas will be INCREDIBLE!

25 Days and counting!

AVP
09-10-2001, 06:11 PM
Sue Kruse and I were able to audit a presentation at the Official Disneyana Convention last week, where Steve Davison pretty much walked us through the entire attraction concept. We saw the art, heard the soundtrack, and viewed samples of some decor pieces. I can honestly say that this attraction will knock your socks off.

However, Sue and I had to agree not to write about what we saw. I'm sure others who were at the convention will be spilling the beans, but I would encourage those of you who will be able to see the attraction in person to wait just a little while longer. I know it's going to be hard, but you really REALLY don't want to have the experience ruined for you.

I will say this much: The most common perception of this "overlay" is that Jack Skellington and the Nightmare theme will somehow be incorporated into the existing Haunted Mansion theme. As if Jack moved into Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. That is not at ALL what this attraction is about. Consider this to be an entirely new attraction which just happens to be in the same building as the Haunted Mansion. It's going to blow you away. I think the Lovely Parting Gift for the event should be a permanent FastPass for the attraction. I know I'm going to be visiting it every chance I get.

Adrienne VP

pullmyfinger.com
09-10-2001, 07:09 PM
...I though, would ENCOURAGE anyone who has seen what Adrienne has seen, or knows ANYTHING, POST IT HERE! It is message boards that give insight to upcoming events that make for a cutting edge website.

If you'd rather not read about anything special with the Mansion makeover before it opens, STOP READING HERE! SPOILERS MAY BE AHEAD!

Ill be reading though...I want to hear EVERYTHING!

Ralph Wiggum
09-10-2001, 08:32 PM
My brothers friend does artistic painting for Disney and is heavily involved with the makeover. My brother will be sharing some of what is going on during the makeover and i will give you some details.

Morrigoon
09-10-2001, 08:56 PM
SO FAR, all they've added is some extra candlabra lighting to the boarding area, but it really improves the show of the area, very pretty. I have been told, though I didn't notice it myself, that one of the hitchiking ghosts was moved, but again, I didn't see it myself so no guarantees that that happened. All I know is, there was one missing from the usual spot.

JRob2k1
09-10-2001, 09:17 PM
Yesterday, the outside lighting at night already looks very cool. Inside, just like Morrigoon said, has some new candleabra's and little lighting touches here and there. Of course this morning, the Mansion went down for transformation and I could see some smaller type cranes and a lot of activity by the workers.

It begins...

-JRob

pullmyfinger.com
09-10-2001, 09:52 PM
You know, spending the $85 to ride this 2 days in advance is a bargin in itself. I (like I am sure MANY), will report late Wednesday Night, Oct 3 on our ride experience.

Any clue on what the gift is?

happyboy
09-11-2001, 12:43 PM
Wonder if Dland becing cloased today will delay Mansion Opening? just curious

mcampisi
09-12-2001, 02:19 PM
Doubt it. They wouldn't have done any work during the day (well, maybe) so they at most have lost one nights worth of work.

DisneylandBoy
09-12-2001, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by mcampisi
Doubt it. They wouldn't have done any work during the day (well, maybe) so they at most have lost one nights worth of work.

Since most of the construction is done inside the show building, they are definately building during the day. And they have walls up, so maybe they are even working on the outside (though how much are they changing outside?)

Mister E
09-12-2001, 09:26 PM
...Who is your brother's friend? I may know him or her.

Don't anyone let this cat out of the bag, people. The surprise is going to be far better that way. And isn't that what both Halloween and Christmas are about? Surprises?

Honor Mr. Davison's request. Keep it quiet. I know that you all want to know as much as possible, but that will just be opening your present early. This will blow away Small World Holiday.

Just keep wondering, and watching, but keep it under your Sandy Claws hat.

Ralph Wiggum
09-12-2001, 10:10 PM
Dont know his name>...i'll keep quiet with details cause i am not going to find out... i wanna be suprised!!

mrfantasmic
09-13-2001, 04:51 PM
Any word on wheather good ol' Thurl will be removed for the make-over?

Dreamstaker
09-13-2001, 08:48 PM
What you never picked up your gift to see if it shifted or made a noise? Never peeked at the corner were the tape was loose?

The fun part of the present is guessing what it could be. Lets guess.

Mister E
09-13-2001, 09:26 PM
mrfantasmic: Thurl? What's that? and removed? Not following.

Dreamstaker: Better not to. I promise you. I have peeked at my presents before and I always regretted it. Never again.

You only have about 20 days to wait. It won't be long now.

JRob2k1
09-13-2001, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Mister E
mrfantasmic: Thurl? What's that? and removed? Not following.

Thurl Ravencroft(sp?) is one of the singing busts in the graveyard scene. Many people used to think it was actually Walt himself!! I doubt they will be removed, but I could see them with santa hats on top of the busts!!

I agree that I dont want to peak into my gift, because I know its something I've wanted for awhile and it will be that more special!!

Nigel2
09-13-2001, 10:19 PM
Boy, you guys must have been a hoot at christmas. Come on one of you has opend it by now. Its not like its a real christmas present, heck you bought it yourself (well most of you).

AVP
09-14-2001, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Boy, you guys must have been a hoot at christmas. Come on one of you has opend it by now. Its not like its a real christmas present, heck you bought it yourself (well most of you).

A joke in our family is that my dad and I, who are both Aries, have to be protected from ruining our own holidays. We both like to sneak into our presents well before the actual day.

One year, my father and I decided to get up at midnight and open all of our presents. Yeah, we had a blast until 2:00 a.m., when we got tired again and went back to bed. But let me tell you, when there was nothing left to open the next morning, we were quite depressed. (And my mother kept saying "I told you so!")

So, it is with THAT knowledge, and the fact I had to promise not to write about what Sue and I saw, that I am not going to ruin YOUR holiday surprise. It's just three more weeks, surely you can wait THAT long?

Adrienne VP

Nigel2
09-14-2001, 03:20 PM
What surpise, I didn't sign up for it. Well someone just post whatever it was when they open it. Also is that what you got if you bought the 65 dollar tickets? And who decided that it is valued at $85?

SpazRobot
09-14-2001, 04:40 PM
There appear to be some exterior shots posted at:

http://www.mouseinfo.com/updates/mansion/091301/index.php

CaliforniaCrazy
09-14-2001, 06:09 PM
If the outside of the mansion looks that cute, I can't wait to see what they do with the inside!

slaakker
09-14-2001, 08:37 PM
The pictures look great!

I am going to sound like Al for a moment...

Notice the close up picture of the pumpkin on the roof? It shows the paint peeling away behind it:mad: . I thought this was an interesting photo on this site. It is a very pro-Disney management type of site that denounces others for saying how poorly the park is doing or kept.

Can't wait to see this!!!:D

space101
09-14-2001, 09:40 PM
"It is a very pro-Disney management type of site that denounces others for saying how poorly the park is doing or kept. "

I have never seen the owner of that site share his views in the updates before, where do you get this information?

Mister E
09-14-2001, 09:41 PM
... the interior will be incredible. It's going to be a whole new experience.

You can be sure that things will be cleaned. It's amazing what you notice when you have to actually turn the lights on to install new things...

Okay, Thurl, that guy. Gotcha. Makes sense now. And I think it will be better than just santa hats on the talking busts...

AVP
09-14-2001, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Mister E
And I think it will be better than just santa hats on the talking busts...

Oh, it is!

Look for more photos this week on MousePlanet. Sue and I will be adding teasers to our column on Thursday.

Adrienne VP