PDA

View Full Version : Question - Upgrading to Premier AP

Disneyphile
08-04-2014, 02:00 PM
We're looking to upgrade our Disneyland Premium APs to Premier APs next year, since we plan to go to WDW in the fall of 2015. For those of you who have done that, do they prorate the price difference if we do it a bit later, or do we need to upgrade during our normal renewal window? We're also wondering how that works if we're on monthly payments for the DL Premium.

Thanks in advance for any tips/experience. :)

Shortpix77
08-04-2014, 02:06 PM
I upgraded mine at my scheduled renewal time, so that part I'm not sure about -- however, there is no payment plan option for the Premier (or so I was told).

currence
08-04-2014, 02:07 PM
We're looking to upgrade our Disneyland Premium APs to Premier APs next year, since we plan to go to WDW in the fall of 2015. For those of you who have done that, do they prorate the price difference if we do it a bit later, or do we need to upgrade during our normal renewal window? We're also wondering how that works if we're on monthly payments for the DL Premium.

Thanks in advance for any tips/experience. :)

They don't prorate the price or change the expiration date, but you don't have to do it right away - you just don't get the benefit of that level until you pay for it.

I don't *think* they have monthly payments for premier. If I recall, you could do the monthly plan for Premium and then pay the cash difference to upgrade to Premier. These questions don't come up too often since it's not as popular a pass, but those are the answers I recall from the last time this was asked. :)

candles71
08-04-2014, 02:09 PM
No pro rating.
I thought that I had read you can do payments on the DL portion, but had to pay the Florida portion.

Disneyphile
08-04-2014, 02:26 PM
If I recall, you could do the monthly plan for Premium and then pay the cash difference to upgrade to Premier. These questions don't come up too often since it's not as popular a pass, but those are the answers I recall from the last time this was asked. :)

No pro rating.
I thought that I had read you can do payments on the DL portion, but had to pay the Florida portion.Ooooh! Either of those would be nice options. Definitely don't mind paying the difference up front or later on. Just coming up with the full price all at once is a bit... traumatizing. ;)

3Princesses1Prince
08-04-2014, 02:59 PM
You would have to get the DL Premium with the payment plan then upgrade to the premier and pay the difference.

Mistyj
08-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Something else to keep in mind: If you renew your pass as usual and then upgrade to the Premier Pass later, you will pay the difference on the "advertised price" of the pass you hold. This means two things. One - if the price of the Premier goes up, you'll pay more than you would if you got it now. Two - you lose whatever discount you may have gotten when you renewed (the $20 or $40 early renewal discount.) The price you actually paid for your pass is the amount credited toward the price of the Premier. (This bugs the heck out of me and almost made upgrading a break even for my family instead of a money saver.)

katiesue
08-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Unless they've gotten better at it. Be prepared to wait. I think it took us about 45 mins to an hour to do ours. Two leads and some kind of binder with directions.

Shortpix77
08-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Unless they've gotten better at it. Be prepared to wait. I think it took us about 45 mins to an hour to do ours. Two leads and some kind of binder with directions.

It was a little better when I did it, but not by much. One lead and both the lead and the CM consulting a binder. Also, note that I had a very hard time linking my Premier to any WDW reservations/my online WDW account. I added it to my Disneyland online account just fine, but it kept saying the pass was already assigned to another account when I tried to add it to the WDW one. It took a very long phone call with two transfers and a long period on hold while a manager was called to get it to work.

adriennek
08-08-2014, 03:40 PM
No pro rating.
I thought that I had read you can do payments on the DL portion, but had to pay the Florida portion.

You would have to get the DL Premium with the payment plan then upgrade to the premier and pay the difference.

I bought my Premier in June and could not payment plan the DL part - so this is correct. If you want to payment plan, you have to start there and upgrade later.

One nice thing about buying it all at once was that it did not take as long to buy it. BUT. I walked over to the Disneyland Gate and... It didn't work. A lead had to take my AP and fix the problem while I waited. I don't know what happened because at the ticket booth, I know she activated it. She told me that's what she was doing.

It was a little better when I did it, but not by much. One lead and both the lead and the CM consulting a binder. Also, note that I had a very hard time linking my Premier to any WDW reservations/my online WDW account. I added it to my Disneyland online account just fine, but it kept saying the pass was already assigned to another account when I tried to add it to the WDW one. It took a very long phone call with two transfers and a long period on hold while a manager was called to get it to work.

I haven't even tried to do this yet and I'm dreading it. Be prepared to be the bastard stepchild of the Disney world. I've seen people deal with problems with theirs and I've experienced a few already. Practice Patience. ;)

DisneyFunFamily4
08-08-2014, 04:08 PM
We renewed our passes on the payment plan in May and then upgraded to the premier. The first cm at the ticket window told me I could not do this and was actually quite rude. I knew I could so I asked for a lead. It took awhile but she was able to do it. I have also not had any issues linking my Ap's to the MDE website. I know others who have had issues.

Malcon10t
08-08-2014, 06:18 PM
We renewed our passes on the payment plan in May and then upgraded to the premier. The first cm at the ticket window told me I could not do this and was actually quite rude. I knew I could so I asked for a lead. It took awhile but she was able to do it. I have also not had any issues linking my Ap's to the MDE website. I know others who have had issues.
Well, they got even when your pass wouldn't work later!!

DisneyFunFamily4
08-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Well, they got even when your pass wouldn't work later!!

Yes, they sure did didn't they. Lol!!